XD2 and wrist strap attachment on one side

Previous topic - Next topic

ymc226

Does anyone have a solution of attaching a wrist strap to only one side of the XD2?  I would use it only to pull the camera out of my bag, not use it to carry alone without actually gripping onto the camera with my hands.  The neck strap is too bulky as my bag will be compact for travel consisting of mainly walking in an urban environment. 

mikaelo67

I wouldn't want to put an uneven pressure on one side of the camera. My solution has been to use Black Rapids tripod screw adapter with their hand strap.

https://www.blackrapid.com/wrist-strap-with-fastenr5-breathe/

flash

Easy. Just use one of the supplied attachment clips with your wrist strap of choice. I purchased extras so I can change straps, including to a wrist strap, at will.

Also base mount solutions like QD points/plates and rapid strap stuff works as well.

Shown here with a rock n roll wrist strap.

Gordon

Patrick CM

ymc226

Thanks for all of your suggestions.  I will most likely use the tripod mount for more security.

Ikarus

tenmangu81

Robert

pixelpower

I've been using wrist straps on all my cameras for many years now. Some are heavy camera's and it never seemed unsafe to Me to attach a strap to only 1 side.
I have also discovered the very high quality, strong and supple Water-Buffalo Leather straps made by Harry Benz who is a very skilled artisan. His stitching and leather work are sublime. I use his straps on of all my cameras.
Harry can also provide Hasselblad Buckle straps like this one he recently made for me.

If anyone is interested.
https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/la-cravate-brogue

ymc226

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I actually found on B&H that Fuji has a Hasselblad type connector for the GFX which also worked on the XD2 according to the Q&A.  Combined with an Artisan and Artist nylon wrist strap, the set up works well for me. 

I tried to post a photo using Amazon photos to add the link but it did not work.  Any suggestions on how to add a photo?

Patrick CM

just below the reply box it says "Click or drag files here to attach them."...just click on it

ymc226

Thanks Patrick, I'll drag the file here.