X2D and GPS

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudlup

The X2D does not have GPS. Has anyone found a way to add GPS data.

Patrick CM

Only in post processing.

sailronin

Can the GPS module from x1d work on x2d?

mikaelo67

It has been established that it doesn't work on the X2D.

Mudlup

I have started a write-in campaign. If enough of us ask, maybe HB will deliver. Contact customer support and ask...

"It would be most helpful for the X2D to have GPS information included in EFIX, especially for those of us who photograph landscapes and wildlife. Please let me know if Hasselblad could add this feature in a future firmware update or perhaps a module as for the X1D.

fcarucci

There are relatively automatic ways of adding GPS information to your images from your phone.
https://jmpeltier.com/geotagging-lightroom/
It's not as straightforward as a GPS module, but it's not too bad.

Samogitian

Given that Leica has a decently working GPS solution via its phone app, it seems to me that Hasselblad could do this as well. I imagine that they share some resources with DJI, who also make rather sophisticated apps so this should not be terribly hard.

bmikiten

I just take an iPhone shot. I do the same with film.

Mudlup

Here is the response I received from HB when I asked them about GPS in EFIX...

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Hasselblad. We hope this message finds you well.

I just double check it with our R&D department to get you an update. However, I am really sorry to tell you that we have not yet received any notification. I really understand that this function is so important and without it, there will be much inconvenience, so I will constantly communicate with the team for the progress on your feedback.

However, it does take time, and there will be many compatibility tests involved. I cannot make any promises now. I appreciate your understanding, and I really hope this will be achieved. Please stay tuned to our latest information by following Hasselblad's Official Websites.