Error 49.3 " Failed to set Aperture "

Previous topic - Next topic

BokehBoy

Have you guys ever experienced this error? It is happening on second hand XCD 120mm
Except at F3.5 wide open, when I shoot an image the error appears like 7 out of 10 times. Weird thing is the image is still exposed properly and there is no any issue in the image quality. However the lens makes a weird noise when this error happens.

The lens has only few thousand shutter and barely used. I wonder how much it would cost to repair it because if it's too expensive I should just keep using

BokehBoy

Update:

Hasselblad repaired the lens. One thing I wanted to say is that it's returned almost within a week. Very swift service!

polarphoto

Great,

What was the cost?

What was the error - di they say?
Borealis

BokehBoy

Hi,

The cost was about 850USD in my currency
Apparently they changed the whole shutter unit. So it became basically a new lens

mp1c

Hi,

I´m having the same problem with my XCD 30, but is it really a lens hardware issue? As BokehBoy said, the images are exposed correctly and the aperture is set correctly despite the error message.

I have the X1D MKII and the X2D, and I get this error only when using it on the X2D.

BokehBoy

Quote from: mp1c on April 20, 2024, 04:00:38 AMHi,

I´m having the same problem with my XCD 30, but is it really a lens hardware issue? As BokehBoy said, the images are exposed correctly and the aperture is set correctly despite the error message.

I have the X1D MKII and the X2D, and I get this error only when using it on the X2D.

As for my case I kept using it until it completely failed to shoot even at wide open. So I think it will eventually fail for your case too. You can probably keep using it until it really requires to be fixed.