Hasselblad 907X 100 Megapixel announced on January 24?

Previous topic - Next topic

asfeir

doc steel

Now I'm curious about the price drop for the 50MP backs.
At the same time, some 500 series models will certainly become significantly more expensive on the second hand market.

flash

SrMi

Quote from: flash on January 25, 2024, 10:41:22 AM
No IBIS. Damn. What a shame.

Gordon

Probably the same reason why M11 does not have IBIS: size constraints.
M11 and CFV 100C have the same pixel pitch, so they have the same camera shake issues.
I have always considered 907x more a tripod camera, anyway, but IBIS would have been nice.

Larsb

the 907x is such a "sexy" camera.  I really wanted to buy one (and am still thinking about it), but the lack of IBIS is a significant drawback for me.
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

MGrayson

I'm so lazy, I used to take handheld tech cam pictures all the time. The camera's bubble levels let me hold it upright and level, and the quiet shutter and compact mass made 1/15 sec exposures pretty reliable. I'd only use it at 40mm or wider, so I may not need IBIS.

The big thing holding me back is the price of the lenses. I'd rather shoot XCD lenses on the X2D, so the back would just be for tech cam use. And the lenses are each more expensive than the 907X + CF 100C, even used.

Kvetch kvetch kvetch.

Larsb

Most (actually all) of my cameras in the past did not have IBIS.  Some of my older Canon lenses had optical stabilisation, which I found to be useful on the longer focal lengths.  While I certainly can take pictures without IBIS, I really do feel that IBIS is reasonably important if one is taking pictures handheld with a 100 MegaPixel camera in anything but optiomal lighting conditions.   The X2D has done an excellent job of IBIS and I am really amazed at how good and effective it is.  If the 907x with the new 100 Megapixel back had IBIS, the purchase would be a no-brainer for me (after I scraped together my last few pennies) :-).   I still think (as others have pointed out), that the 907x is the most beautiful camera ever made (perhaps just a little bit more sexy than the Leica M6).  An article I read today said that it was "the closest thing to a romantic experience one might have with a camera".   I can relate to that :-)

Larsb

Quote from: MGrayson on January 25, 2024, 01:17:17 PM
I'm so lazy, I used to take handheld tech cam pictures all the time. The camera's bubble levels let me hold it upright and level, and the quiet shutter and compact mass made 1/15 sec exposures pretty reliable. I'd only use it at 40mm or wider, so I may not need IBIS.

The big thing holding me back is the price of the lenses. I'd rather shoot XCD lenses on the X2D, so the back would just be for tech cam use. And the lenses are each more expensive than the 907X + CF 100C, even used.

Kvetch kvetch kvetch.

I'm pretty lazy too.  I just spent the last 4 days in Jervis Bay (in Australia), packed my awesome Gitzo tripod and never used it (as is usually the case).  Even in really low lighting, I am doing hand-held exposures :-)

The lenses are pretty expensive, but worth it.  The new XCD 28mm is not too bad (price-wise), and while it has some barrel distortion, and slight fall-off in sharpness towards to edges, it is really quite good and can resolve some awesome detail.  In one photo, while I was in Adelaide, I took a picture across the ocean, and later, in post-processing, I could see something which looked like a small spot on the photo.  When I zoomed in (using Photoshop), I could see it was a plane and I could clearly resolve every window and the Kangaroo on the tail.   The resolution one gets from the Hasselblad lenses and the camera are truly astounding.

Anyway, my 2-cents worth :-)

MGrayson

Quote from: Larsb on January 25, 2024, 06:45:04 PM
Quote from: MGrayson on January 25, 2024, 01:17:17 PM

Kvetch kvetch kvetch.

I'm pretty lazy too.  I just spent the last 4 days in Jervis Bay (in Australia), packed my awesome Gitzo tripod and never used it (as is usually the case).  Even in really low lighting, I am doing hand-held exposures :-)

The lenses are pretty expensive, but worth it.  The new XCD 28mm is not too bad (price-wise), and while it has some barrel distortion, and slight fall-off in sharpness towards to edges, it is really quite good and can resolve some awesome detail.  In one photo, while I was in Adelaide, I took a picture across the ocean, and later, in post-processing, I could see something which looked like a small spot on the photo.  When I zoomed in (using Photoshop), I could see it was a plane and I could clearly resolve every window and the Kangaroo on the tail.   The resolution one gets from the Hasselblad lenses and the camera are truly astounding.

Anyway, my 2-cents worth :-)

Oh, I think the XCD lenses are reasonably priced (amazing what we can rationalize). But tech cam lenses less so, despite their awesome performance. Cambo has their Actars, but I don't know of a tech cam lens with shutter for under $8K. I could do with a single 23mm or 28mm, but those are large, heavy, and fragile.

Obviously, Hassy has to release a shift lens with built-in shutter! (mandatory internet use of "has to" instead of "I want them to").

Bob Andersson

Darn but she's a beauty.

I don't miss the lack of IBIS on my X1D so on the positive side I'd only need a 40% faster shutter speed to achieve pixel peeping sharpness. But on the flip side do I really need a 40% increase in resolution?

I'm sorely tempted but I know that owning a 907X + CFV 100C won't make me a better photographer, except in the eyes of folk who see me with the camera but don't see my photos.  ;)

MGrayson

Quote from: Bob Andersson on January 25, 2024, 11:01:46 PM
Darn but she's a beauty.

I don't miss the lack of IBIS on my X1D so on the positive side I'd only need a 40% faster shutter speed to achieve pixel peeping sharpness. But on the flip side do I really need a 40% increase in resolution?

I'm sorely tempted but I know that owning a 907X + CFV 100C won't make me a better photographer, except in the eyes of folk who see me with the camera but don't see my photos.  ;)

New gear can make you a better photographer if it gets you motivated and you take more pictures. Works for me.... That being said, I wouldn't have gone to the X2D if it weren't for the IBIS. I've never made a print that needed more than the 37MP I got from the Leica S(007). The X1D was a luxury resolution-wise.