503 CW vs 501 CM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikaelo67

Quote from: wayne1 on January 16, 2024, 10:11:01 AM

Mikaelo67, I would love a pdf of the Hasselblad camera models, but I do not know how to send you a personal message.

Wayne

You should have an email with a bunch of files that are helpful to you.

Good luck
Mikael

JCM-Photos

Quote from: Georg Kovalcik on January 17, 2024, 09:18:55 AM
Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 16, 2024, 09:38:10 PM
The Planar CF 80 2.& is great, even  better the 110 3.5
;)

Which is easy because a 110 3.5 does not exist.
You don't recognize the 100mm 3.5 hidden behind a typo ?

😂
Sharpen your eyes not your files

JCM-Photos

Quote from: mikaelo67 on January 16, 2024, 10:48:02 PM
I don't agree with this at all. You definitely don't need the winder if you are planning to use the CFVII 50c or any other digital back.

I have the winder and never ever use it. I use the digital back without a winder with a smile on my lips and it is part of the charm to manually wind between the photos.

There is of course no autofocus on V cameras, so speed is not a problem. Take your time to think between every picture and enjoy the moment. If you want speed, buy something else. But from your original post it sounds like you are after the analog sensation.

Quote from: JCM-Photos on January 16, 2024, 09:32:31 PM
If you want also to use a CFVII 50c or 100cdigital back it's important having the 503CW +winder,  because with the digital back you have to rewind after each frame and what doesn't bother with film is for me disturbing in digital. (I use a 503CX also with the  CFVII 50c
Don't worry not being able to justify other peoples choices 😆

Even at the only film period all my 3 Mamiyas had motor drives !

Michael H. Cothran

The 503 series of bodies were created primarily for wedding & event photographers, in order to stay competitive with other brands. 503 series offer TTL flash & a motorized winder - both desirable by wedding & event photographers.
If you don't need these features, then there's no real sense to buy a 503 series body. The 501CM should be your choice.

JCM-Photos

TTL flash for V cameras is no more working with todays gear as it is based on the former german SCA system with a specific Hasselblad SCA adapter module with special cable, compatible also with a special SCA flash unit (mainly former Metz, Braun, Agfa).

Todays X cameras TTL flash is based on a licensed Nikon TTL system (without Nikon CLS functions). I miss some CLS functions I use on Nikon gear, like external AF illuminator, Nikon cordless macro multiflash.
Nikon TTL cables work well (even two piggyback)

Michael H. Cothran

Let me add one more thing to my post above that might influence one's choice. In the current market, I would say that the choice between buying a 503CW or 501CM could easily be based solely on price, assuming both to be in the same general condition. Also, be advised that the 501CM's were discontinued in 2005, while the 503CW's remained in production until 2013.