No menu access X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

knghtandyk

Hi all. 

I've had a couple of issues with my X2D, first being that the vertical IBIS axis appears to blur images (IBIS full or vertical, I can shoot sharper handheld than with IBIS, horizontal seems to work ok).  I'm out in Sweden with the camera currently and was planning to take it back in to the shop I bought from once I'm back in Jan to get it looked at and sent back to Hasselblad, but it's just developed a new fault in that the EVF has stopped working.

I had the camera tripod mounted last night with IBIS off and was shooting without issue, and this afternoon noticed the EVF issue when I switched back to the custom profile I have for handheld shooting.  I tried triggering the EVF by eye normally and then by covering the sensor completely, and probably stupidly, tried to trigger it by setting the menu to EVF only to see if it was the sensor or the EVF itself that's failing.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.  I'm pretty much stuck without access to the menu now as it appears to be sent to an EVF that doesn't work.  I can tether to my laptop and use manual focus/live video etc as a last resort, but the camera is still in handheld mode with IBIS set to horizontal and I've found no way to access the menu at all.  Whether horizontal IBIS will mess with image quality when tripod mounted, I'll find out later.

I've emailed Hasselblad support who suggested a firmware update would reset the user settings, but that requires the screen to be operational so I'm pretty much stuck at this point.

Does anyone know if there's a button sequence or other way to initiate a factory reset on the X2D so I can restore menu access?

Thanks

Patrick CM

Have you tried removing the battery for at least 10 seconds?

Patrick CM

Turn on
Tap menu button twice
Roll the rear scroll to the right 12 times
Press/click the rear wheel
Scroll the rear wheel 6 times
Roll the rear wheel carefully left one notch
Press/click rear wheel
Roll rear wheel right 4 clicks to get Reset All
Press/click rear wheel
Press O for reset

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1lqpchpm6l3dixb63bapr/IMG_2966.mov?rlkey=1msslz1azt5366eg9v166bt8m&dl=0

knghtandyk

Thanks so much for that PCM!  I had the battery out for about 90 minutes last night but it didn't reset, but that key sequence did the trick.  Thank you very much!

Patrick CM

great news! Hope all is working 100% ok now.
best wishes
Patrick