●  Native wide angle zoom (any chance of seeing one of these days?)

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

Is there any hope of one day seeing a native wide-angle zoom (such as 16-35 MF) and/or a very wide-angle fixed lens?
I mean even wider than the 21 mm of course.

One can dream... at this time of year 😋
Thank you

- Dimitri

flash

Agreed. A couple of zooms to couple with the 35-75 would be awesome.

I'd be happy with a 20-35 f4.5. Compact is good, for me. And a 75-210 f4.5 for the short tele. Compatible with the TC please.

Then I'll drop my GFX system, which I keep for the zooms.

Gordon

JCM-Photos

Hasselblad philosophy is that a zoom has to be visually as good as a prime what gives the monster XCD we have today.
I don't think that Hasselblad will make zooms with lower grade then the existing fantastic XCD series
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Thyl

Since the 21 mm focal length has been (hopefully only temporarily) discontinued, I'd assume that this is not the priority of Hasselblad. Regarding further zoom lenses, maybe a typical tele zoom might find more buyers; something around 100-250 mm.

Seems as if HB is quite busy releasing further lenses, so overall, chances might be rather good.

fcarucci

The 21mm is such an amazing lens. I wonder what they have in mind to replace it.

JCM-Photos

Hasselblad has very limited development ressources and I guess they have a lot to do with future X2D versions, the CFV back replacement, XCD/V 90mm was a mess a year long...
They will have to move quickly now unless they will get in trouble with a fantastic lens line dying by missing H shutters and the replacement line coming late
Sharpen your eyes not your files

flash

Quote from: JCM-Photos on December 26, 2023, 10:35:11 PM
Hasselblad philosophy is that a zoom has to be visually as good as a prime what gives the monster XCD we have today.
I don't think that Hasselblad will make zooms with lower grade then the existing fantastic XCD series

1. They seem to have changed their design philosophy from the original XCD lenses to the V series, moving more to small and light as the priority. The 55V (my personal favourite) isn't quite as good as the 65.
2. You can keep the optical quality and make a smaller lens by keeping the apertures sensible. The 35-75 would have been smaller had it been a constant 4.5. I think 4.5 zooms would go well with the 2.5 primes.
3. I'd be OK with a tele-zoom that weighs the same as the 35-75 and a wide zoom that's slightly less.

Gordon