.3F .fff

Previous topic - Next topic

Georg Kovalcik

The first post here https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=96679.0 has a good explanation about the differences between a multi-illuminant system like HCNS and the dual illuminant DCP files of Lightroom.

"I have read many times that Hasselblad had a deal with Adobe" - well that´s how internet roumors spread. Wether Hasselblad nor Adobe said that anywhwere.

Now, Adobe certainly knows how to handle colours and I have no doubts you get excellent results with Lightroom, but nevertheless it is a fact that if you want to know what HCNS brings to table you have to use Phocus.

Patrick CM

My OCD : HNCS

But yes, I'd fully agree with that

outside_late

CYBURek

The next app is the Luminar Neo v.1.17.0. This software is opening both formats. it means *.3FR and *.FFF. PLease check it.
X2D, 38V, 55V, Phocus 3.7.6, M2Pro

tenmangu81

Quote from: Georg Kovalcik on December 19, 2023, 04:49:59 AM
The first post here https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=96679.0 has a good explanation about the differences between a multi-illuminant system like HCNS and the dual illuminant DCP files of Lightroom.

Thanks Georg for this interesting link !! I understand that the main difference is in the number of illuminants and this could result in differences in the linearity between them when going from 2 (.dcp) and 4 or 5 (HNCS), giving rise to slight differences for specific white balances or complex lights.

Anyway, I will stick on to Lightroom, as I find their "camera standard profile" (for the X1D II that I own) gives me very close (almost identical for me) results to what I get with Phocus. And I find Lightroom more powerful than Phocus. And I need a catalogue.....
Robert

Plancton06

I am trying opening 3f files in ps, which automatically opens camera raw (now possible to set it to Hasselblad L RGB space)
I would really like to know if doing this, which skips the fff import is a good idea and truly keeps the hasselblad color space. It allows me to grab and edit the specific files from the camera that I need, skipping phocus entirely and more importantly, skipping duplicates as fff. Maybe not great for cataloging but my preferred workflow is to edit on the go only the images that I need. backup later the whole camera. Someone tell me if this is a bad idea :)

tenmangu81

You'll keep the Hasselblad colour space, but not really HNCS. However, ACR and Lightroom will give you, "in most cases", images very, very close to the ones Phocus gives when keeping HNCS. For complex or subtle light conditions (e.g. different light sources), Phocus would be more precise. All depends upon your requirements.
Robert

ayash

I have been mainly using phocus 2 on my ipad pro to export TIFFS.
Only in circumstances where skin tone isn't priority that I have using Camera Raw to proccess the files.
In my experience the skin tones are 100% different in Phocus vs Camera Raw

JCM-Photos

Quote from: ayash on December 24, 2023, 09:58:19 PM
I have been mainly using phocus 2 on my ipad pro to export TIFFS.
Only in circumstances where skin tone isn't priority that I have using Camera Raw to proccess the files.
In my experience the skin tones are 100% different in Phocus vs Camera Raw
Be carefull Phocus Mobile 2 is very different from Phocus Desktop, even if the files out of Mobile are compatible with Desktop, Mobile has only a small part of Dektop version possibilities.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

JCM-Photos

According to Hasselblad :

https://www.hasselblad.com/learn/hasselblad-natural-colour-solution/

HCNS is a whole image management system from camera to Phocus exported files that improves : colors, gradations and contrast.

They just say that their main tool in HCNS is to use a camera LUT as entry for RAW's (much more precise and fine than standardized icc/icm entry profiles that others use).
Sharpen your eyes not your files