X2D Firmware 3.1.0 is out

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

I updated both my cameras here in Vietnam with no files lost or moved. I do not use the CF cards in either camera.

Gordon

fcarucci

Live View on the iPad is a game changer for me. Working beautifully and responsively. I'm only missing the histogram view.

Andy Miller Photo UK

Hi all.
My XCD 120mm as just stopped being identified by my X2D. I tried several other lenses (XCD, XCD V, XCD P, and HC and HCD via the adapter) and these worked well.
Cleaned all terminals on lens and camera with IPA impregnated cleaning pads. Found no difference. It worked great Yesterday, worked for a while today and then focus control stopped and now the camera tells me there is a lens issue and a black screen is shown on the EVF/LCD.
I may have to conclude there is a fault with the lens -- which means I will have to wait to get this looked at.

mjhillsc

Live View on the iPad is great!  But.  If you are using automatic exposure bracketing you have to use the shutter release on the camera.  The orange shutter release on the iPad will only shoot one shot.  Strange.  But, true.

wayne1

Andy
How old is your XCD120? How many actuations?

flash

Quote from: Andy Miller Photo UK on December 09, 2023, 04:08:11 AM
Hi all.
My XCD 120mm as just stopped being identified by my X2D. I tried several other lenses (XCD, XCD V, XCD P, and HC and HCD via the adapter) and these worked well.
Cleaned all terminals on lens and camera with IPA impregnated cleaning pads. Found no difference. It worked great Yesterday, worked for a while today and then focus control stopped and now the camera tells me there is a lens issue and a black screen is shown on the EVF/LCD.
I may have to conclude there is a fault with the lens -- which means I will have to wait to get this looked at.

Same happened to my macro a couple of years ago. New shutter and $900 AUD. I hadn't used the lens much at all either. At least it was reasonably quick. 5 weeks including a round trip to Sweden from Oz.

Gordon

fcarucci

Looks like face detection is disabled when the camera is connected to the iPad via wifi. That's disappointing, because shooting with an assistant checking the images is game changing.

mikaelo67

Mathphotographer has released a new video about the new firmware 3.1.0. His videos are always high quality imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ymxYb13xjQ

Enjoy 😊

MSuser

Quote from: fcarucci on December 10, 2023, 02:17:38 PM
Looks like face detection is disabled when the camera is connected to the iPad via wifi.

Does it work when tethered to an iPad using a USB-C cable which supports high-speed data transfer?

mikeinpa

Quote from: MSuser on December 11, 2023, 11:40:54 AM
Quote from: fcarucci on December 10, 2023, 02:17:38 PM
Looks like face detection is disabled when the camera is connected to the iPad via wifi.

Does it work when tethered to an iPad using a USB-C cable which supports high-speed data transfer?

I just tried it and it doesn't appear to work with a USB-C to my iPad.

gg12

Simple question - can the X2D only be updated via the card? Can't seem to get it to work via USB cord. It seems  version 2.0 zip file, with .exe file, has been replaced with a different file type.

MGrayson

Quote from: gg12 on December 17, 2023, 04:15:47 AM
Simple question - can the X2D only be updated via the card? Can't seem to get it to work via USB cord. It seems  version 2.0 zip file, with .exe file, has been replaced with a different file type.

You can copy the firmware update to the SSD via cable and then upgrade as usual, but pointing to internal storage.

gg12

Excellent! Thank you both. Worked like a charm. And updated 30mm lens and it is now working correctly too. This camera (and these lenses) are truly beasts.