X2D Stress Test

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickM

Admin please delete if inappropriate.... However, this is an interesting read

D E L E T E D

This topic, while intended to link a review has unfortunately received some unwelcome personal comment.

Accept my apology.

etn

Great article, pity that the author cannot express superlatives in other ways than the F-word. (Note: I don't feel offended by any means, as a matter of fact I use that word -or local equivalents- quite a bit myself, but it has no place in a publication like this methinks.)

Thanks for sharing!

boojum

He is young, he is exuberant and he is in a second language.  It is always easy to swear in another language. 

Now that I have addressed that, it is a good article.  Why? Because it agrees with my opinion.  LOL  The X2D is a really good camera.  It has such good color and IQ.  I love how it handles light and shadow across curved surfaces.  It is the camera I have wanted all my life.  The downside is new lenses. Luckily all the Leica mount lenses adapt easily and work just great, better than on my M-9 or M240.  They just turn it up to 11 on the X2D.  I have the 55V and the 120 macro.  The Leica lenses will work fine for wide angle, for now.

It is a good article.
Elpis

Larsb

I saw his YouTube videos reviewing the X2D and 90V, and both are quite good
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

flash

Quote from: boojum on December 13, 2023, 11:08:31 AM
He is young, he is exuberant and he is in a second language.  It is always easy to swear in another language. 

Now that I have addressed that, it is a good article.  Why? Because it agrees with my opinion.  LOL  The X2D is a really good camera.  It has such good color and IQ.  I love how it handles light and shadow across curved surfaces.  It is the camera I have wanted all my life.  The downside is new lenses. Luckily all the Leica mount lenses adapt easily and work just great, better than on my M-9 or M240.  They just turn it up to 11 on the X2D.  I have the 55V and the 120 macro.  The Leica lenses will work fine for wide angle, for now.

It is a good article.

He's Canadian....

The article is the script for his video review. That's all.

I'm not young and have no other languages. Even then you'd not want to read my old review of the XPro2 I did. :)

Gordon

boojum

Quote from: flash on December 13, 2023, 03:42:03 PM
Quote from: boojum on December 13, 2023, 11:08:31 AM

It is a good article.

He's Canadian....

The article is the script for his video review. That's all.

I'm not young and have no other languages. Even then you'd not want to read my old review of the XPro2 I did. :)

Gordon

Must be a Trailer Park Boy.  ;o)  I never picked up on his accent.  I do not mind vulgarity but wonder what purpose it served in his review.
Elpis

JCM-Photos

That's not what is a stress test report, it's just one more review done by a guy who has poor knowledge of Hasselblad gear and it's legacy with H system and first X cameras having the same image renderings and quality, same amazing minimalistic and efficient user interface and missing amateur functions.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

viking

Having watched quite a few 'reviews' of the X2D before I upgraded (happy I  did) I wonder in the opinion of those of us who seem quick to criticize,  what is missing in the  'reviews', what would you do differently, what information is it that we are not getting and what do we do about it (apart from stating they are no good). I know there is no substitute for real hands-on, but when you live in places with no easy access for that, what do you do. I for one am quite happy for the info I have been able to glean from various 'reviews'. But then I am only an amateur  ;)

MarkN

As a Canadian who lives in Toronto, I can assure you that he speaks English as a first language with great fluency.  Toronto is a city that was built on many waves of immigration and is today one of the most diverse cities in the world.  One hears accented English everywhere, but his English is totally Canadian.

boojum

First, I know how Canadians speak.  I have lived there while in grad school at McGill.  I know anglophone and francophone Canadian accents. And I have traveled widely in Canada.  I am also aware of the oft touted "Vertical Mosaic" of Canadian multiculturalism. 

I'd also like to remind that the subject of the thread is the article on the X2D stress test.  But if you want to criticize me for defending this fellow's article as I did, have at it.  It's a slow day out here where I live.  ;o)
Elpis

Tennisarm12

Quote from: MarkN on December 14, 2023, 05:29:05 AM
As a Canadian who lives in Toronto, I can assure you that he speaks English as a first language with great fluency.  Toronto is a city that was built on many waves of immigration and is today one of the most diverse cities in the world.  One hears accented English everywhere, but his English is totally Canadian.

And even if it wouldn't be - what has that to do with anything. There are people from all over the world here in the forum, quite some with rather limited English skills. So what?

Cheers

MarkN

I think his review of the X2D is quite good, as is his review of the 90V.  They are comprehensive enough and informative, but veer a little too close to being enthusiastic infomercials.

flash

Quote from: JCM-Photos on December 13, 2023, 07:22:41 PM
That's not what is a stress test report, it's just one more review done by a guy who has poor knowledge of Hasselblad gear and it's legacy with H system and first X cameras having the same image renderings and quality, same amazing minimalistic and efficient user interface and missing amateur functions.

Having just got back from India for a few weeks with the X2D, I am certain that a month in India with any camera is a stress test. It's photographically target rich but hard on both photographer and gear. I had two bodies. Broke the screen protector on both. Had to clean the sensor daily because of the pollution and got rattled apart (me not the cameras) in moto rickshaws. A few in our group needed gaffa tape to keep shooting with various brands in use. The 'blads did well.

I like Gajan's reviews. Sure, he's new to Hasselblad but experienced with the competition. I like that he's more interested in a system's use case rather than just data points.

Gordon

mikeinpa

Quote from: Patrick X2D on December 14, 2023, 11:27:05 PM
I've asked for this thread to be deleted.
My intent was to share a video. Sorry

I thank you for posting it. I thought it was an excellent read, I was going to make that a ******* excellent but decided it might upset the more delicate amongst the readers.

MGrayson

Indeed, a good writeup precisely because he talks about what it feels like to use the camera and what the output is like and not all the stuff we already know from any specs list.

(And I find his use of intensifiers perfectly appropriate - similar to how "bloody" is used by those on the right side of the pond.)

Matt