Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

What could we expect from this?
Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art
Techart TCX-01 Canon EF optical AF ring on Hasselblad

Patrick CM

ALAIN

Good morning,
Thank you for your answers and your photos.
I'm still looking for an X2D/very wide angle/large aperture solution that could give me a higher angle and greater brightness than the M11/18mm F3.4 set.
The results were not interesting at all with the Leica R 15mm F3.5 lens (too much vignetting and a degraded image in the corners.
I would be very interested if a photographer here was able to test the Leica R 15mm F2.8 lens on the X2D which is less old and perhaps more compatible with the X2D...
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Alain, from France

polychloros

Quote from: ALAIN on January 28, 2024, 03:48:11 AMGood morning,
My need is becoming clearer: I will need a very wide lens (FF 14mm equivalent) with a large aperture (2.8 or more), to mount on an X2D.(from France)

The Canon 17mm TSE is highly rated and I think it just about covers the 33mm x 44mm sensor size of the X2D. That will give you a 14mm equivalent though it is F4. Why does it need to be F2.8? The problem you are trying to achieve is that you want "medium" format sensor coverage, fast aperture, extreme wide angle and excellent lens quality. I don't think you can have all at the same time. If you are prepared to go to a larger sensor as found in the Phase One IQ3/4 and Hasselblad H6D backs, lenses in the 23mm-24mm range (e.g. exemplary lenses like the Rodenstock 23mm Digaron) will provide a super wide angle view (albeit more like 16mm equivalence).

ALAIN

Thank you for all !
Well, given that the criteria for the application presented to me are:
- a very wide angle, > 18mm in FF
- a very large aperture, > 2.8 in FF
I will probably get a Sony set: A7/14mm 1.8 GM
If another solution is interesting, either on the M11 or on the X2D, I'm very interested ;) (I'm not too FF outside of the M, except for sports/animal photos of course)
Listening to suggestions, even very original ones ;)
Alain, from France

ALAIN

Good morning,
But, the new Laowa 19mm F2.8 (for GFX Fuji) doesn't seem bad at all when you need, like me, a very large width of field with a nice aperture.
Can we imagine that a version for X Hasselblad will exist soon?