90V has arrived

Previous topic - Next topic

anGy

Thank you Vidio, first samples I see from this lens.
As I like soft bokeh very much I'll have to find a way to compare the 90mm vs the 80mm. I'll be happy to lose 0.6 stop and gain snappier AF, less weight and better looking lens design.
The 55V and 28V I have are very nice lenses but no kings of bokeh for sure. The 80mm is and this part of the images gets more important the longer the focal length is (at least to me).

vidio

I actually have the 80 and was thinking of comparing them side by side when I get a chance. I love the 80 but it's a beast to carry around and pretty slow to focus. So I'm kind of hoping the 90 will give similar results and my initial feeling is that it does. The 90 seems sharper on the intended focus area than the 80 but also delivers a very nice bokeh.

MGrayson

Quote from: vidio on November 23, 2023, 03:11:55 AM
not star point
That a GS3 MP or a Strada? I have the former at home.  8)

vidio

:) GS3 MP. Also installed in my home. Likely a correlation between Hasselblad and LaMarzocco owners. We like finest!

mar-ko

Thanks, vidio, for taking the time to post pictures and first impressions.
I, too, would be very interested in a comparison with the XCD 80—the 90v's pics' backgrounds look promising.

vidio

I shot a Friendsgiving tonight using the 90. Low light, mostly at 2.5 and the results were very pleasing. Focus locked quicker than I thought it would and focus was precise.

fcarucci

Quote from: MGrayson on November 23, 2023, 05:17:10 AM
Quote from: vidio on November 23, 2023, 03:11:55 AM
not star point
That a GS3 MP or a Strada? I have the former at home.  8)

I'm a scrub and I only rock a Linea Mini.

Quote from: vidio on November 23, 2023, 09:43:06 AM
:) GS3 MP. Also installed in my home. Likely a correlation between Hasselblad and LaMarzocco owners. We like finest!

Indeed.

vidio

Yesterday we had a large family gathering for Thanksgiving so the perfect opportunity to test lenses. I own all three of the V lenses now but by far my favorite shots were from the 90V. I also own the 80 but I use it because it is heavy and slow to focus. When you have a static model it's great but in this kind of situation it's limited. On the other hand the 90V had no trouble locking focus on babies, toddlers and adults a like. The shots are sooo sharp with beautiful bokeh.

MGrayson

Quote from: vidio on November 25, 2023, 06:02:01 AM
Yesterday we had a large family gathering for Thanksgiving so the perfect opportunity to test lenses. I own all three of the V lenses now but by far my favorite shots were from the 90V. I also own the 80 but I use it because it is heavy and slow to focus. When you have a static model it's great but in this kind of situation it's limited. On the other hand the 90V had no trouble locking focus on babies, toddlers and adults a like. The shots are sooo sharp with beautiful bokeh.

Good to hear. I suppose we now need a side-by-side with the 90/3.2 on focus speed.

vidio

I do not own the 90 3.2 but did a few quick side by sides with the 90 and 80. See the following pics. All unedited and the light was changing so the color differences may not reflect lens characteristic. Both lenses were shot wide open so the 90 was at 2.5 and the 80 at 1.9. I also left the size difference but of course you could crop if you want. BTW - the sound of the shutter is more like the older lenses than the newer ones but it does seem quicker.

vidio

vidio

vidio

vidio

mar-ko

Thank you, vidio!
I like the 80's out of focus rendering a little better, but this is _really_ close.
To me, the weight advantage of the 90V alone will outweigh ;) the rendering differences.