Eyepiece Rubber

Previous topic - Next topic

sqarehole

Anyone else lost theirs? Mine's has finally disappeared in a remote moor in Scotland...so, never to be seen again. It has been loose for a while. HB not listing as a part anymore, but my dealer is trying to locate one.

ashdown

I've always thought it seemed quite solidly attached to the camera and have worried about how easily replaceable it would be. I don't suppose you could post a picture of the camera with it removed? Does it reveal the internals?

sqarehole

The eyepiece is stuck on with double sided tape, and it is very sticky, but my camera is a first release model, and gets used a lot outdoors, so the eyepiece had become dry and I guess had shrunk a bit from the tape holding it on.
Still works fine.

ashdown

Interesting. Thanks for posting the images. It's not something listed for sale anywhere but I would expect Hasselblad should be able to send you a replacement part. The X1Dii has a slightly different design eye cup so make sure you get the right one.

sqarehole

Just an update, I got the replacement eyepiece from the ever helpful Stu Culley, who is the official / unofficial HB spares and repairs man in the UK, and it clipped on and off very easily, no tools required at all.
Happy days, and very reasonably priced too (£50).