Return of the missing drop-down triangle in Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

MGrayson

M1 MacBook Pro 14", OS 13.5.2, Phocus 3.7.5, SanDisk "Extreme PRO" CFe 256GB.

I get no drop-down triangle in the left column so I can't import images from the card (see attached screen capture). This is true when tethering the camera by cable or putting the card in a SanDisk reader. I can use the SSD fine, or use the Finder to transfer the files to a local folder and import into Phocus from there, but it's annoying. It worked fine with my three previous 128GB cards. I've tried the "open it in Finder and reconnect." And I've formatted the card in the camera twice.

Has anyone had similar problems and, even better, a solution?

Thanks,

Matt

PS. The card was bought on sale at B&H. Usually a reliable source...

grotte

Is there any data on that card? Can you write to the card and read from it - any file whatsoever independent of camera?

MGrayson

Quote from: grotte on October 29, 2023, 07:37:38 AM
Is there any data on that card? Can you write to the card and read from it - any file whatsoever independent of camera?

Oh yes, the card works fine with the X2D. Pictures get written to it and I can copy them by hand to the laptop and import them into Phocus from there. It's just annoying that Phocus will see the card but won't open it.

Matt

grotte

Does the Phocus open any other card? How was it prior to version 3.7.5? There are still older versions available for download at HB site.

NickT

It's been a while but can you double click it or right-click it? Failing that drag the card into the Phocus Browser window...

I appreciate that these are all work-arounds...
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

MGrayson

Quote from: grotte on October 29, 2023, 04:16:07 PM
Does the Phocus open any other card? How was it prior to version 3.7.5? There are still older versions available for download at HB site.

Yes, it opens my 128GB cards fine. I'll try using an older version.

Matt

MGrayson

Quote from: NickT on October 29, 2023, 05:35:18 PM
It's been a while but can you double click it or right-click it? Failing that drag the card into the Phocus Browser window...

I appreciate that these bare all work-arounds...

Nothing on double-click or dragging.
Right click gives a mostly grayed-out menu. Using "Add to Favorites" makes a duplicate entry which also won't open.  :P

Sigh...

MGrayson

Downloaded older version - no change.
Played around by dragging card from Finder to Phocus windows - no change.

At some point, the triangle mysteriously reappeared. Now everything works normally in all versions of Phocus. The worst kind of software bug is the one that goes away for no discernible reason. Is it fixed? Who knows? You can't tell and can no longer work on it.

Thank you @grotte and @NickT for all help and advice,

Matt