XCD Lens Shade Retaining Ring

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhillsc

I need to replace one of the lens shade retaining rings in a lens hood for my 21mm.  Any idea where to get one of these?

The ring is plastic so to break upon a slight to moderate impact to the front of the lens.  This is a good design, that works and saves damage to the lens!  There are approximately 6 small screws that affix this ring to the lens shade.  The retaining ring is universal for the XCD lenses that have a 77mm front. 

MSuser

Quote from: mjhillsc on October 28, 2023, 02:33:57 AM
I need to replace one of the lens shade retaining rings in a lens hood for my 21mm.  Any idea where to get one of these?

The ring is plastic so to break upon a slight to moderate impact to the front of the lens.  This is a good design, that works and saves damage to the lens!  There are approximately 6 small screws that affix this ring to the lens shade.  The retaining ring is universal for the XCD lenses that have a 77mm front.

For Hasselblad parts, I would first try contacting Hasselblad support.

Andy Miller Photo UK

I glued mine back in and then bought a replacement hood, which seemed the "only" way.
The alternative is to buy a simple screw in hood that fits the filter size for the lens.

mjhillsc

Quote from: MSuser on October 28, 2023, 06:58:40 AM
Quote from: mjhillsc on October 28, 2023, 02:33:57 AM

For Hasselblad parts, I would first try contacting Hasselblad support.

That would be my first thought as well.  Generally.  With no other obvious alternative, I did just this.  Bernard at the Service Center was helpful and found the part.  I ordered two (one as a spare).  It's a plastic ring, how expensive can it be?  $6/each.  Quite reasonable.  Almost too reasonable.  Total bill including tax and shipping: $38.16.  Which includes $25 shipping for UPS Ground from Los Angeles to San Francisco....  I leave it to you to come to your own judgement on this.