X2D: Move AF point by default?

Previous topic - Next topic

Helwin

Maybe I am missing something, but is there a way to start shooting with "move AF point" right away on the X2D?

As factory setting, the ex "Stop down/ DOF preview" button on the right front toggles AF/MF, long pressing enables "move AF point".

Can I make this the default setting, store it in a custom profile, so not having to press any button ?

PatrickM

Go to the Main Menu / General / Custom Buttons ...
there yiu can tap the button to see the options

Helwin

Quote from: PatrickM on October 17, 2023, 09:20:42 AM

Ok so it´s not possible...probably would add too much bloat.

flash

Quote from: Helwin on October 17, 2023, 08:30:37 PM

Have you got the touchpad set up? It's always available with your eye to the EVF. I never use the buttons.

Gordon

Helwin

Quote from: flash on October 18, 2023, 11:11:48 AM

Have you got the touchpad set up? It's always available with your eye to the EVF. I never use the buttons.

Gordon
I do use them from time to time, so I was wondering if I could get these arrows to show right from the start.

Others may want to change WB on the first press of the ISO/WB button...

JCM-Photos

Hasselblad X cameras are basically touchscreen items, buttons are only there as "eye on viewfinder" devices.
The only 4 button functions I use on my X1D and 907X with grip are:
back button AF (back right button)
AE lock (back left button)
Exposure correction (scroll wheel)
framing form factor (upper left)

For me All other functions are non eyelevel and are previous settings to the framing done on the control screen (finger downswipe on the rear screen).
Sharpen your eyes not your files

flash

Quote from: Helwin on October 18, 2023, 08:22:50 PM
Quote from: flash on October 18, 2023, 11:11:48 AM

Gordon
I do use them from time to time, so I was wondering if I could get these arrows to show right from the start.

Others may want to change WB on the first press of the ISO/WB button...

I should have been more clear, sorry. I never use the buttons to move the AF point. I use them for custom functions all the time. For me using the touchpad when I have my eye to the EVF is so convenient I don't miss a joystick. I'd actually like the AF and AEL buttons to also be customisable.

I only use auto WB as I only shoot in raw. I have the ISO button set to the crop modes, the rear wheel click set to ISO as it's faster and I use it all the time. The front button toggles AF/MF for older XCD lenses and the 28. And I use the rear screen as a touchpad for the AF/MF point when my eye is using the EVF, which is much faster than pushing the buttons.

I'd like one more custom button as I don't really need the AEL button for AEL. But I'm mostly happy with how the camera is set up.

Gordon