Is it possible to add to the Main Menu Screen on the X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

Am I missing something or have Hasselblad changed things from the X1D to the X2D in this respect?  On the X1D one could add an item such as the Self Timer or Exposure Bracketing  to the Main Menu Screen - which is what I did.  On the X2D there appears to be no way of doing so. Instead one has to go to the Control Screen and press on the Drive icon and then choose the Self Timer or Exposure Bracketing.  I find this annoying.  Having both Exposure Bracketing and the Self Timer on the Main Menu Screen on the X1D was much more useful and efficient in my opinion.

Have I missed something?  If not this seems a strange change to the UI on the X2D.

SMurphy

I have both the X2D and X1D II and can't add shortcuts to my main menu favourites on the X2D as I can on the older body.

I've found a workaround however via Custom Buttons:

Go to Main Menu > General > Custom Buttons and choose from among the following buttons to customize: AF/MF, ISO/WB, M, Wheel Click, and Lens Control Ring.  Then select "Drive Mode Cycle" from the available functions and you'll be able to change drives modes via button presses.

Not quite the same thing as before, but hope this helps for now.

Best,
Scott.

pflower

Thanks, that's a really interesting workaround and I will definitely use it.  Works fine with my 45mm XCD lens but an interesting  bit of a hiccup with my HC 80mm with the adapter.  Assigning the Drive Mode Cycle to the rear wheel press will cycle through most of the  Mode Cycles except of course the Focus Stacking option which can't work with that lens but then returns not to Single Drive Mode but to Bracketing Mode.  With an XCD lens it cycles through all the Drive Modes and returns to Single Drive Mode.

But still that's really helpful.  since I use the 80mm pretty much always on a tripod and thus slowly, this is not a major problem.

But I still think it weird that Hasseblad have disabled the ability to add items to the Main Menus screen - it is clear that there is room at the bottom right for at least two more options.  So this seems like an oversight on their part.

SMurphy

You're quite welcome!

Quote from: pflower on October 12, 2023, 11:49:31 AM
But I still think it weird that Hasseblad have disabled the ability to add items to the Main Menus screen - it is clear that there is room at the bottom right for at least two more options.  So this seems like an oversight on their part.

I agree - hopefully we'll see this rectified via firmware update someday. 

Edit: I just checked and my HC Macro 120mm with adapter has the same hiccup as your HC 80mm.