Update X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

SrMi

Quote from: Ralf on September 18, 2023, 05:16:54 AM
The timer is the emergency solution.  But I prefer to adjust the moment of release exactly.  A USB cable release is not voodoo.  However, a plug socket ala X1D would have been a more sensible solution since the accessories are already available.

The advantage of a timer over a wired remote control is that it does not dangle in the wind or get tangled in the tripod and improves weather resistance. For precise exposure, I prefer a Bluetooth remote. That is something that could be added to the X2D.

bdp

The lack of a wired shutter release is also a big turn off for me and the main reason I have not seriously thought of upgrading from my X1DII to the X2D. Even a USB release would not do, some of us like to shoot tethered at the same time as using a release cable, and we are not always within reach of the keyboard, which can't do multiple continuous releases anyway.

Hasselblad need to release an updated model, X2D II, that has a port for the release they designed for the X1D. If it also has continuous AF and face detect then it will be even more tempting.

JCM-Photos

The X1D never had a specific release socket and has been launched with no cable release possibility. Later they used the Mic jack for the cable release when no Mic function is used. it had bugs and needed several FW updates to work properly. The problem is that the cable release button has no double function.
I have the cable release but never used it, as the other solutions are more convenient.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Ralf

Quote from: bdp on September 18, 2023, 08:16:28 AM
The lack of a wired shutter release is also a big turn off for me and the main reason I have not seriously thought of upgrading from my X1DII to the X2D. Even a USB release would not do, some of us like to shoot tethered at the same time as using a release cable, and we are not always within reach of the keyboard, which can't do multiple continuous releases anyway.

Hasselblad need to release an updated model, X2D II, that has a port for the release they designed for the X1D. If it also has continuous AF and face detect then it will be even more tempting.

There are cameras where you can connect a wired shutter release to the USB socket.  This, as well as additional AF functions (AF-C, eye AF,...) should be possible via firmware updates.  There is no need for X2D ii.

Jack73230

HB has not to Forget professional after the end of the H system. Today in this version , the X2D is not totally adapted for this market .. to much think are missing to face different situations instead of the new Fuji . I hope HB will react because I don't want to change . Cross the fingers !