Studio Photography

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue Gilmore

Studio photography with X1D II 50C - I am getting a black screen when using ISO 100 and have to use 800 or 1600 to get a decent image. I have never used the X1D II in the studio - clearly I have missed something! Any advice is gratefully received.

SMurphy

Source: X1D II 50C User Manual - English, 2020-11-20 (https://www.hasselblad.com/my-hasselblad/downloads/#148)

I suspect that you'll need to adjust your live view settings.  From page 123 of source:

QuoteNote!
When you use the camera with a flash, the Exposure Simulation will not display a correct result. For example, if you have set the Aperture and Shutter to be adapted to flashlight indoors, normally the exposure Simulation displays an image that is too dark in the Live View mode. it is advised to turn off exposure Simulation before you start to take photos with a flash.

Hope this helps,
Scott.

mar-ko

If Scott's good hints don't give you a solution, can you please provide some more information regarding flash(es) used incl. flash power settings, flash controller used, shutter speed / aperture used?

Please check that "e-shutter" and "true exposure" are both switched OFF for flash use.