XCD 55 v vignetting?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgregg

Hi

Maybe this a stupid question, but is strong vignetting pretty usual at wide apertures on the XCD 55mm V 2.5 lens.

alextsayun

yes, Hassy made a trade-off regarding size and weight and image quality. If you want the perfect image, xcd65 is the closest lens that has all of that :)

tenmangu81

Yes, there is some vignetting with the XCD55V, indeed. But it is easily corrected when using Phocus or even Lightroom.
And yes, the XCD65 is better than the XCD55V, but much heavier and bulky.
And anyway, all the XCD lenses are great. Including the XCD55V !!
Robert

Bob Foster

If you are not using Phocus to render your 3FR files as fff files I'd consider doing so.

As far as I know, Phocus has the only "raw conversion" routine that applies a lens correction "tailored" specifically to each aperture stop for each of the Hasselblad XCD, HC, and late V system lenses.

If you are using Phocus please verify that the vignetting function found in the lens corrections area is selected and the associated slider is at "100".

I do not disagree with alextsayun's comment on differing design goals insofar as the XCD 2.5/55V and the XCD 2.8/65 are concerned, but I will note that while IQ in the corners of my copy of the 55V does not ever match that of my copy of the 65, the 55V does come closer to the performance of the 65 as it is stopped down to and past f5.6.

Bob