500CF to Arca mount

Previous topic - Next topic

grotte

While it is possible to just bolt the Arca plate to the lens mounting chuck, I was wondering if there is better (and perhaps preferred) solution that eliminates twisting.The tripod mount on the lens is 61x34mm with flat vertical walls and a slight tapper towards the front as pictured. Is there the recessed Arca style plate the mount drops into? If not, can anyone suggest an alternative, please?

glaiben

I use an RRS B22 plate for these situations - it has an anti-twist flange at the rear.  Of course, it makes the tripod foot considerably thicker, but I've never found one that would bolt directly to the collar sans the Hasselblad Quick mount plate.

...gregg

JCM-Photos

A piece of business card paper does it  ;D

or a piece of thin bicycle inner tube

When the plate has a rubber or cork lining you need nothing

You have to choose a plate with a inner hex screw, not just a handkey screw that isn't tight enough

Flanged plates are mainly for a camera type and it will not easily fit the Hasselblad lens plate.

I found a Novoflex slim plate with antitwist rubber inlays that fits perfectly modern Hasselblad plates, I guess vintage HB plates have a different size ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

JCM-Photos

if you have a dedicated tripod for your vintage Hasselblad gear, the best solution would be to find a used Hasselblad tripod mount (easy to finf)
Sharpen your eyes not your files

PeoOrvendal

I think what you are looking for is the Acratech 2144.  This has flanges on the two sides, so can't twist. Seems similar to the RRS one above, but on the Acratech, the flanges are on the two long sides. I use this on seamlessly in the rest of my heads and plates, all of which are on-brand Arca-Swiss, so I know the fit is good (which isn't always the case - I have no idea about the RRS one).

https://www.adorama.com/acr2144.html

docholliday

Hejnar makes a plate that replaces the whole HB slide piece. You just unscrew it and remove the pieces, then screw on the new piece. It's much thinner, very solid, and will maintain alignment perfectly.

https://www.hejnarphotostore.com/product-p/h501c.htm

grotte

I got myself the Acratech 2144 and it is very nice and secure. All for $20. Thanks everyone for guidance!