can't drag spot meter around

Previous topic - Next topic

GAFvanBaalen

I use:
Hasselblad X2D-XH 0.8-HTS 1.5-HCD 28/4 (non orange dot).
For some reason, I cannot move the sport meter circle around. It stays in the center of the screen/EVF!
I cannot figure out why. I mean it is useless if you cannot drag it around.
If I manually white balance, I CAN drag around the picker. Works perfectly fine.

Does anybody have an idea why I cannot use sport metering?

Welcome any suggestions.

By the way. With the new update, image stabilization works with this lens/body combination!! It was grayed out before the 2.0 firmware.

Dimitric

Hello GAFvanBaalen -

It's +/- what I spotted/reported here:

Quote from: Dimitric on June 08, 2023, 06:12:57 AM
Hello -

Thank you Photo42
Thank you MSuser

OK, I've just checked if I was still in "spot" measurement.
And it's still there, even after the update.

Unfortunately, the update must have changed the camera's behavior.
Which is a pity, considering that it was a very interesting function for people who don't use Hasselblad lenses exclusively.
So to sum up, the little circle remains in the middle of the screen, and when you touch the screen at several places, nothing happens anymore...
So I assume that the spot metering for light remains stuck in the center of the screen (I'm not talking about the "focus point", because I'm using manual focus) and I'll have to redo the composition every time I want to change the light intensity (of course I could use the scroll wheel, but it would have been just easier to tap on the screen...)

Any suggestions?

- Dimitri

SMurphy

I've just dug into the manual and experimented a little.

From page 35: When exposure metering is set to Spot, there will be a circle for spot metering around the focus point.  In Manual Focus Mode, the focus indicator will be displayed when "Focus Indicator" is selected in the MF Assist Setting.

From page 61: Users can move the focus point when enabled; go to Main Menu > Focus, scroll to bottom, toggle the "Move AF Point" setting.

With my XCD 80 mounted, this works as advertised.

However, with my HC Macro 120 mounted via adapter the "Move AF Point" setting is greyed out and the focus indicator circle remains stuck in Live View.

Seems that the feature doesn't work with adapted lenses with the new update.

JCM-Photos

to be a irate spot metering needs: continuous expose memo + exposure correction to align measured image spot with gray scale positioning, all this can be done without moving the spot in the view finder, prior to focusing and framing
Sharpen your eyes not your files