● Brightness adjust no longer work when tapping screen (w/ 3rd lens & firmware2

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

Since installing the latest firmware (2.0), when using a third party lens (eg Canon 16-35 f2.8 III ), when I tap on the screen to calculate/modify the brightness, nothing happens anymore. Before, when I was tapping on different spots on the screen (having different brightness) then the light was adjusting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea as to why? And most importantly, is there a way around this?

N.B.  Of course there is no 'focus square' like when using official Hasselblad lens, just the little circle.

Thank you

Photon42

Somehow I thought tapping on the screen changes the focus point only. Maybe there is/was a setting to combine meter reading with focus point?

MSuser

Quote from: Photon42 on June 06, 2023, 06:21:39 PM
Somehow I thought tapping on the screen changes the focus point only. Maybe there is/was a setting to combine meter reading with focus point?

I think you may be correct in your reasoning regarding a setting to combine meter reading with focus point. That may be what the original poster is observing as a difference here.

In spot metering mode, the spot used to determine exposure follows the focus point selected. This is what the manual says:

Settings on Control Screen

10. Exposure Metering

Spot: the sensitive area is equivalent to approximately 2.5% of the image area (the central spot in Live View). Any parts of the image outside of this area will not affect the exposure reading. This provides a very accurate measurement of specific tones. Also suitable for tonal comparison measurements. Spot area is marked in Live View and will follow any movement of the focus point.

Dimitric

Hello -

Thank you Photo42
Thank you MSuser

OK, I've just checked if I was still in "spot" measurement.
And it's still there, even after the update.

Unfortunately, the update must have changed the camera's behavior.
Which is a pity, considering that it was a very interesting function for people who don't use Hasselblad lenses exclusively.
So to sum up, the little circle remains in the middle of the screen, and when you touch the screen at several places, nothing happens anymore...
So I assume that the spot metering for light remains stuck in the center of the screen (I'm not talking about the "focus point", because I'm using manual focus) and I'll have to redo the composition every time I want to change the light intensity (of course I could use the scroll wheel, but it would have been just easier to tap on the screen...)

Any suggestions?

- Dimitri

MSuser

Dimitric

Hello -

I sent a message to Hasselblad...
Wait and see if they now find it relevant and fix it.

Enjoy your day...