A glitch in the new firmware 2.0

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

1.I've downloaded the new firmware. It would have been nice if Hasselblad had included some instructions on "how to download" and also on "where to find the new features in the menu." I finally did all, but instructions would have saved time.

2. I've found a major glitch or error already - In Touch AF, the camera "must" be set to AF mode. It will not touch focus when in MF mode, as Back Focusing does. The problem is that when you Touch focus in AF mode, then press the shutter to fire the camera, the camera, of course, tries to refocus again, making the touch focus a moot point.

If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

Ideal would be to also include firing the shutter, as all manufacturers currently do, so that you can touch the screen one time, and it will focus, then fire the shutter. This gives the photographer the option of either touching just to focus, or touching to focus and fire the shutter.

Hendrix_CI

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on June 02, 2023, 09:21:59 AM
1.I've downloaded the new firmware. It would have been nice if Hasselblad had included some instructions on "how to download" and also on "where to find the new features in the menu." I finally did all, but instructions would have saved time.

2. I've found a major glitch or error already - In Touch AF, the camera "must" be set to AF mode. It will not touch focus when in MF mode, as Back Focusing does. The problem is that when you Touch focus in AF mode, then press the shutter to fire the camera, the camera, of course, tries to refocus again, making the touch focus a moot point.

If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

Michael - you can set one of the rear buttons to AF and take it off the shutter release button. This would resolve that conflict.

Steve Hendrix/CI

MGrayson

Well, it does move the focus point, and I suppose it will AF twice, but the second one will be in the same place. Could you touch focus point before? I never used it.

You CAN press the AF/MF toggle between using touch focus and hitting the shutter, but that is a bit silly.

Edit: Steve's method is better. I am always in MF with a rear button for AF. Touch the screen, press focus button, shoot. Still would be nice if it was touch (AF happens automatically) then shoot.

SMurphy

For those who haven't seen yet, the X2D User Manual has been revised to V1.4 2023.06: https://cdn.hasselblad.com/manuals/X2D_100C_User_Manual/User_Manual/X2D_100C_User_Manual_v1.4_EN.pdf

Along with added descriptions for the new functions, firmware update instructions are included in the Service section of the document: