CR Kennedy no longer Hasselblad distributor in Australia.

Previous topic - Next topic

Conner999

For those commenting on shipping LiO batteries. The rules are similar for into Canada and are based on postal carrier/airline regs.

I'm paraphrasing here, but standalone LiO batteries as air CARGO are a no-go. They can go if shipped as part of a product below a certain W level (to avoid killing all air commerce I guess).

They can go ground, but Australia is an obvious issue in that respect. A possible bypass would be to have someone bring 1-2 as carry-on (where any issues cab be dealt with immediately). If below a certain W rating, they can be carried. The number and max watt rating will depend on the carrier.

bdp

I just had confirmation that from next week, D1Store will be taking over the distribution of Hasselblad equipment. I had a very encouraging email from Joshua Foo who said they are here to help and support the community  and try their best to provide the best service and support to Hasselblad users.

Their email is hasselblad@d1store.com.au

Good news!

Ikarus

Quote from: flash on May 30, 2023, 11:17:02 AM
Got a reply to an enquire I made yesterday after noticing HB items no longer listed on their site. Confirmed in reply from sales manager.

I don't know about New Zealand, but would assume the same. Also not sure what's going on moving forward. CR Kennedy are also the distributor of DJI in Oz and they seem to still be listed??

Gordon

Yep, same in NZ.  I got this response to my enquiry of my local dealer:

CR Kennedy who were the AU/NZ agents for this brand have lost their distributorship to a drone shop in Australia.

It came out of the blue, was a huge surprise to them, they cancelled our backorders and the new agent hasn't been announced yet either.

Looking to buy in HK when I go through in October.  Any recommendations for a reputable reseller there?

Orokaj

Quote from: Ikarus on June 23, 2023, 08:09:24 AM
Got a reply to an enquire I made yesterday after noticing HB items no longer listed on their site. Confirmed in reply from sales manager.

I don't know about New Zealand, but would assume the same. Also not sure what's going on moving forward. CR Kennedy are also the distributor of DJI in Oz and they seem to still be listed??

Gordon

CR Kennedy who were the AU/NZ agents for this brand have lost their distributorship to a drone shop in Australia.

It came out of the blue, was a huge surprise to them, they cancelled our backorders and the new agent hasn't been announced yet either.

Looking to buy in HK when I go through in October.  Any recommendations for a reputable reseller there?

Yeah but not just any drone shop, it seems like DJI's own shop, otherwise Ferntech should be able to look after us here in NZ but it didnt..
Jakoro
Jack Xu

Ikarus

Looking online, the mainHasselblad website refers you to the DJI shops for Hasselblad, but seem to only stock drones .... Much as I love walking into a camera shop and holding camera gear, that seems to be a luxury of the past.  I've become accustomed to reading spec's and reviews and buying relatively blind online - that's the price of living in a small country in the middle of nowhere, I guess.

Now, it seems products are made to order!  Progear lists the X2D as a special order, I could buy through B7H, but without a lens ... first world problem, I guess.

Orokaj

Quote from: Ikarus on June 23, 2023, 09:59:18 AM
Looking online, the mainHasselblad website refers you to the DJI shops for Hasselblad, but seem to only stock drones .... Much as I love walking into a camera shop and holding camera gear, that seems to be a luxury of the past.  I've become accustomed to reading spec's and reviews and buying relatively blind online - that's the price of living in a small country in the middle of nowhere, I guess.

Now, it seems products are made to order!  Progear lists the X2D as a special order, I could buy through B7H, but without a lens ... first world problem, I guess.

I always thought Progear has some V lenses, by some I mean probably one of each 38 and 55v. Otherwise check with Gregg at Photo&Video in chch.

There were only a handful of units came in first half of the year but I don't think they have all been sold. The shops just cant open one and use it as DEMO.
Jakoro
Jack Xu

flash

Quote from: Ikarus on June 23, 2023, 08:09:24 AM

Gordon

I ordered directly through CRK. They have said my 90V is still on back order and that HB have agreed to supply any current bacorders that were directly through them. I hope this is the case. I'm first on the list. But we will see.

Gordon

Larsb

I have been trying really hard to buy the XCD 38mm V lens, without success.  None of the stores here in AU could give any indication of when it might be available and were not even willing to accept an order.  I ended up placing an order with B&H in the US, who indicated 7 to 14 days delivery, which then turned to the end of June, and which has now turned to the end of July.   All the while, I see on the Hasselblad website they state that "Shipment within 1 days after payment confirmation".   Really?    I know that there is a lot of misinformation on the Web, however, I would expect better of a company with the reputation of Hasselblad. 
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

bdp

I would be happy to buy from B&H as well, and have done in the past, but it's always nice to have local support for repairs and warranty concerns, and to touch and test equipment in person before buying. So it's better to have a local seller. The D1 Store sales manager told me when they get stock they are happy for people to come in and trial gear.

Larsb

The article below might be of interest to AU based Hasselblad users:

https://www.insideimaging.com.au/2023/after-43-years-hasselblad-under-new-management-in-a-nz/

"Joshua Foo said that D1 will be selling Hasselblad 'in all of our retail outlets and online, in both Australia and New Zealand'."

I'm looking forward to seeing that :-)

flash

My order with CRK has been cancelled. Looks like I have to get on a new waiting list......

Filled out the web form but have not seen a reply yet.

Gordon

Larsb

Good luck "flash"!   I hope the new Hasselblad AU distributor / store / website will be up soon.   The X2D and 38mm lens are absolutely awesome, and my finger is poised over a purchase of the Hasselblad 30mm lens button. I must say that the quality of the images from this camera and the Hasselblad lenses are absolutely amazing. They really blow away what I was getting from my older Canon 1Ds, Canon 5D (original), and Nikon 3D.  The IBIS, colour depth, lens quality and resolution are totally amazing and allow for a lot of post-processing that simply was available before to a similar degree.  Thanks also for the suggestion on getting an external power bank

Orokaj

Quote from: flash on July 26, 2023, 05:39:34 PM
My order with CRK has been cancelled. Looks like I have to get on a new waiting list......

Gordon

Oh no..they should've told you sooner.

Get in touch with D1 =D
Jakoro
Jack Xu

flash

Quote from: Orokaj on July 27, 2023, 09:41:40 AM
Quote from: flash on July 26, 2023, 05:39:34 PM

Gordon

Oh no..they should've told you sooner.

Get in touch with D1 =D

Have done by email and the web form. Zero response. Not a great start...

Gordon

flash

Quote from: Larsb on July 26, 2023, 08:42:21 PM
Good luck "flash"!   I hope the new Hasselblad AU distributor / store / website will be up soon.   The X2D and 38mm lens are absolutely awesome, and my finger is poised over a purchase of the Hasselblad 30mm lens button. I must say that the quality of the images from this camera and the Hasselblad lenses are absolutely amazing. They really blow away what I was getting from my older Canon 1Ds, Canon 5D (original), and Nikon 3D.  The IBIS, colour depth, lens quality and resolution are totally amazing and allow for a lot of post-processing that simply was available before to a similar degree.  Thanks also for the suggestion on getting an external power bank

It's not an issue. I have two X2D bodies and ALL the available lenses (XCD), including the 38 and 55 and some HC lenses as well. Plus my older X1D and 907x bodies as well. I don't *need* the new 90, but I'll appreciate the improvements in noise and AF speed.

Gordon