H3DII-39 Focusing screen

Previous topic - Next topic

addax

Hello,
I recently bought a hasselblad H3DII-39 camera.
but the frame viewed by the viewfinder is not in the center, but tilted downward(It looks like B in the picture.)
I think A is normal and correct.So I doubt the focusing screen is original.
I am also attaching a picture of the focusing screen that is currently attached.
Is this screen for H3dII-39?

docholliday

Do you have the right prism installed (HV vs HVD) and has the prism been dropped or worked on? That sounds like one of the lenses (or the mirror inside the prism) has been knocked out of alignment. There's also that last optic in the prism, the one you actually see on the bottom of the prism that is closest to the focus screen. If that prism's been tampered with, that last optic could be upside down - it's not symmetrical.

addax

Thank you for the comments.

As you advised, I will check the prism alignment of the HVD 90X Viewfinder again.

Personally,i think there is a square guide line on the focus screen because the H3d-31 is 1.3x crop ratio.
And since H3d-39 is 1.1x ratio, it seemed right that there was no square guide line.

Have s nice day.

docholliday

If that's your thought, I'd start by ignoring the black crop mask lines. Look at the center of the screen (the factory etched focus point circle/bracket set). See if that is centered in the viewfinder. If it is, you should be good to go and can just ignore the crop lines. If it's not, the finder is off center or misaligned. I personally don't use a pre-cropped screen. I use a standard grid screen, but have my own crop masks printed and cut to fit under the screen. That leaves my screen open so I can draw on it with grease pencils if needed.

addax

Thank you for your reply.

I checked again as you told me, and the focus point circle is located a little below.
it is not centered.

I think I need to check my HVD 90X.

Have a nice day.

docholliday

Here's a view of inside my HVD90 on my H5. It's got the grid screen and the edge mask you see is one of my custom masks.