X2D speaker noise?

Previous topic - Next topic

glaiben

I've noticed that the X2D seems to have a continuous, low volume noise coming from the rear speaker port.  The sound is primarily that of an open mike, despite having turned off the focus beeping.  Anyone else notice this?  Am hoping that a) the camera is not "possessed" and b) I'm not having auditory hallucinations  :)

...gregg

man-overboard

Oh God no a camera with its own mind  :o

David Mantripp

It's probably the stabiliser.

DannyB

I had the same question to Hasselblad. This was their answer:

The sound is the IBIS. I agree that we should add something in the user manual, so that other customers are aware.
I will pass on your feedback.

boojum

Quote from: DannyB on December 08, 2022, 10:32:12 AM
I had the same question to Hasselblad. This was their answer:

The sound is the IBIS. I agree that we should add something in the user manual, so that other customers are aware.
I will pass on your feedback.

Damn.  I liked possessed better.
Elpis

abey238

I just purchased the X2D in Feb 2024 and updated the firmware to 3.1.0. When half pressing the shutter button to focus, there is a loud shrill sound from the speaker. On investigation it occurs particularly when the vertical stabilization is on or when set to normal (Horizontal + Vertical stabilization). It does not occur when only the horizontal stabilization is active. Wonder if there was a solution or if there is an actual fault with my unit. The sound doesn't seem normal and its definitely not the quite mechanical sound of the IBIS system as the sound is coming from the speaker. I have logged a ticket with Hasselblad support. Not too keen on sending back the unit for repairs or replacement due to the long wait times. Let's see what they have to say.

Update - Changed the battery to one that was 100% full and now there is no sound. The other battery had 70% charge. Wonder whats happening. Would a faulty battery result in a relatively loud sound? Will have to keep using the new battery until its drained  to check if the sound comes again during IBIS

jchl

It seems normal—mine has always had the same intermittent humming and I have not been able to pinpoint the exact circumstances where it decides to produce the noise or not.

However, the IBIS unit in my X2D seems to require a bit of warming up, that is, it performs best and indeed at least 7 stops (3.2s with the 38V, sitting, arms planted on the chair) only after setting the camera on a stable surface powered on for some time. Does anyone else notice the same?