How to sync Imagebank with camera back

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget_guy

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me the procedure to get the Imagebank sync'd to back.  I have a V96c that works well.  I have an original silver IB and a "newer" black model.  Both Imagebank I.  I always wanted to get the  black model to work since oddly enough my V96c is black, and can force it into firmware upgrade mode whereby the lamp turns RED and plugin firewire while starting Flexcolor, but the image preview never displays on the back while shooting even though the led is green. 

I know it sounds silly, but my ELX is blank, with black magnifier, and just thought it looks more complete with the black imagebank.  Yes, call me detective Monk :)

I want to simply switch imagebanks to the newer drive but I do not want to disable the working silver original unit. 

thanks,
Tim 

NickT

Hi Tim
It's been a loooong time since I switched an image bank as you describe.. I thought the System downloaded CCD cal files when first connected Hmmmm. Assuming there are no images on the black bank you could always format it and see if that helps. I guess the other option (if you're a tinkerer like me) is to open up the Image banks and swap the hard drives. Will certainly void any warranty etc etc
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

gadget_guy

Thanks Nick.  Took longer to find tools than it did to replace.  I guess I should find a replacement hard drive now for the other -  as it seems to be the culprit.

Any clues on how to format the drive in the Imagebank as new drives will come w/o partitions?  Another post intimated it was some sort of "hidden menu."

thanks,

NickT

O.K
Here's the procedure to get into the hidden menu on an ixpress back. I always found it a bit tricky to get right so be prepared to have a few tries! I should probably say here that you do this at your own risk and I don't really wish to be held liable if you delete all your images by mistake etc etc :)

Ixpress Hard Disk Support
Access Codes....
323 Customer
To Access...
Entering the above code using the 4-way centre button on the Ixpress Back accesses
the menu.
In the following instructions consider the centre button like so...
Pushing down is A
Pushing up is B
1. Go to the Setup menu
2. Enter the Display menu
3. Scroll down to the Light menu item
4. Press the A button as many times according to the first number of the access
code
5. Press 1 time on the B button
6. Press 1 time on the A button
Repeat step 4-6 until the code is completed
Definitions
Repair
A new FAT will be created based on the images present on the Image Bank. Operation will take about 90 seconds.
Init
Will delete all images on the disk, as a new BLANK FAT will be created. The rest of the drive will NOT be formatted.
Undelete
Will find any deleted files on the Image Bank. NB. if you delete a file it is returned to the back of the queue to be overwritten, so it will not instantly be lost if you make
another exposure.

Let us know how you get on.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

gadget_guy

Thanks all for the help.

I finally got the back to synch with IB.  After a few attempts just locked up and never completed, I replaced the drive with an older 5400 rpm 40GB laptop drive and got all to work.
It will feel good to take camera out knowing I have a backup that works now in a pinch.

regards,