MGrayson

Quote from: brynoceros on January 20, 2023, 07:50:11 PM
Quote from: hcubell on January 16, 2023, 03:14:52 PM
Quote from: mar-ko on January 06, 2023, 09:02:35 AM
Quote from: JoeC on January 06, 2023, 08:58:32 AM
This from the B&H website:

QuoteExpected availability: Mar 2023

:(

Maybe Jim Kasson reported some issues or suggestions after testing, which are now causing a delay.  ;)

Do you really think Jim Kasson knows more about any issues with a new lens than Hasselblad's own lens designers have identified?

I wouldn't doubt it. Are you aware of Jim's credentials as an IBM Research Fellow?

- https://blog.kasson.com/about-2/who-am-i/
- https://blog.kasson.com/about-2/patents-and-papers-about-color/

For reference, it's a pretty prestigious group... https://www.ibm.com/ibm/ideasfromibm/us/ibm_fellows/

Huh. didn't Know that about JK. I was at TJ Watson for a few years ('89-'93). Fascinating place. Guy across the hall from me was later made a fellow. Definitely deserved it!

braver

Ha I've just been at YKT last week.  Need to connect with the fellow colleagues photo enthusiasts!:)

FabianSkala

B&H just updated their expected availability to 2nd if June... oof  :-\

doc steel

The Austrian distributor told me that HB has undetermined problems, at least for the public, and therefore cannot deliver.
There is actually no delivery date and if any dealer names a specific date then it is not a serious statement but only a personal assumption.

hcubell

Quote from: doc steel on February 10, 2023, 07:49:31 PM
The Austrian distributor told me that HB has undetermined problems, at least for the public, and therefore cannot deliver.
There is actually no delivery date and if any dealer names a specific date then it is not a serious statement but only a personal assumption.

I have not seen it confirmed, but there have been reports that Panasonic is manufacturing the new XCD V Series lenses, not Nittoh, which manufactured all of the earlier versions of the XCD lenses, and all of which were excellent in terms of optical quality. If it's true about Panasonic, I wonder why the switch was made. Panasonic is not known to be in the top rank of lens manufacturers.

JCM-Photos

Just show at 33:35 https://youtu.be/zKG-bUc3qDY
where the Hasselblad optical design boss explains all the troubles they had with the design off the XCD30, promised just after the initial launch of the X1D, several times postponed and coming on the market more than a year later after several complete redesigns as the performance of Nittoh prototypes did not match what Hasselblad was awaiting.

In the same video you discover many other not before known informations about older Hasselblad lenses.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

tenmangu81

Quote from: hcubell on February 11, 2023, 06:01:14 AM
If it's true about Panasonic, I wonder why the switch was made. Panasonic is not known to be in the top rank of lens manufacturers.

Remember that the new Leica Summicron SL 35 and 50mm are just renamed Panasonic same lenses.....
Robert

JCM-Photos

In the same Hasselblad video At 25:32 you also learn that the X-Pan body and lenses were not developped by Fuji, but by Nittoh (the XCD lenses manufacturer) for both Fuji and Hasselblad !

Do the new XCD-V lenses also come from Nittoh ?
I never saw an official Hasselblad statement avout these lenses.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

hcubell

Quote from: tenmangu81 on February 11, 2023, 09:24:25 AM
Quote from: hcubell on February 11, 2023, 06:01:14 AM
If it's true about Panasonic, I wonder why the switch was made. Panasonic is not known to be in the top rank of lens manufacturers.

Remember that the new Leica Summicron SL 35 and 50mm are just renamed Panasonic same lenses.....

Perhaps, but those are the lower price point L series Leica branded lenses.

man-overboard

Well I just cancelled my 90V and have ordered an XCD 135mm set. That I am told should be with me before end next week (18th Feb). Lets see. I am happy with the 38V lens.

doc steel

My distributor (Austria) told me that the 135mm can only be ordered with or without a converter.
Ordering the converter alone is currently not possible.
I don't know if this only applies to Austria, but I assume that it is a delivery problem and therefore at least applies to Europe.
In any case, I would also order the converter when ordering the 135mm.

man-overboard

I ordered the converter because if I ever sell the 135mm the converter is part of the set and no doubt when I came to sell ALL buyers would want both!

flash

Quote from: doc steel on February 12, 2023, 07:45:11 AM
My distributor (Austria) told me that the 135mm can only be ordered with or without a converter.
I don't know if this only applies to Austria, but I assume that it is a delivery problem and therefore at least applies to Europe.

It's everywhere and has been since the lens was released.

The converter works REALLY well. Still optically very very good with the TC. As good as I've seen from any lens TC combo as I really was designed for the 135. It does not fit on any other XCD lens. Also if you use the XCD/HC adaptor you can use the TC with any HC lens on the X1D/X2D although IBIS isn't yet supported with this combination and may never be.

Gordon

hcubell

Quote from: flash on February 12, 2023, 11:23:19 AM
Quote from: doc steel on February 12, 2023, 07:45:11 AM

It's everywhere and has been since the lens was released.

The converter works REALLY well. Still optically very very good with the TC. As good as I've seen from any lens TC combo as I really was designed for the 135. It does not fit on any other XCD lens. Also if you use the XCD/HC adaptor you can use the TC with any HC lens on the X1D/X2D although IBIS isn't yet supported with this combination and may never be.

Gordon

The TC for the XCD 135mm lens does not work with the HC 300mm lens. I tried it.

Orokaj

Quote from: JCM-Photos on February 11, 2023, 08:32:15 PM
In the same Hasselblad video At 25:32 you also learn that the X-Pan body and lenses were not developped by Fuji, but by Nittoh (the XCD lenses manufacturer) for both Fuji and Hasselblad !

Do the new XCD-V lenses also come from Nittoh ?
I never saw an official Hasselblad statement avout these lenses.

New V lenses comes from Panasonic, patent online if you  dig deep enough.
Jakoro
Jack Xu