Help Connecting X1D c50 to Phocus Mobile

Previous topic - Next topic

VicWahby

Greetings - I'm unable to connect my X1D c50 to my iPad downloaded Phocus Mobile (not v.2).  Perhaps this is just a basic set-up issue, but I don't see a download for a User's Guide with set-up instructions on the HB website.

About all I've done is enabled WiFi on the camera.  Phocus Mobile looks for "hosts on local network" but finds none.  In the About section of Phocus Mobile it says, "You will need to enable Mobile access either on the camera or in Phocus preferences."  I don't know what it's talking about, as I see no "Preferences" in the app.  I need the basic connectivity steps, or a User's Guild.  Thanks!

flash

You need to set up the camera as the preferred wifi network in your iPad settings *before* connecting in Phocus Mobile. The SSID and password are on the wifi page on the camera which needs to be open when searching for the wifi network of the camera.

Gordon

VicWahby

Thank you for helping me.  I tried to follow your instructions but was unsuccessful.  I've attached a photo of the X1D WiFi display where I'm looking for the SSID and PW, but see none.  Also, with the WiFi page open I can't identify the network of the camera, though maybe one of the ones I'm unfamiliar with is the right one and just not clearly named.  I sure wish there was a User's Guide.

Iskander

Do you also have Bluetooth turned on on the iPad? Works possibly only with an additional Bluetooth connection
This is how it is with my X1DII and Phocus Mobile 2 since FIRMWARE 1.1.0:
,,Compatibility with Phocus Mobile 2. Includes Bluetooth assisted Wi-Fi connection that simplifies connection between iPad Pro and camera."

Have a look here in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQSlShU4CMw

sog1927

Your camera is the WiFi network with the SSID starting with "UQ". Connect to that network. The first-generation X1D doesn't have Bluetooth, so that's not an option.

JCM-Photos

X1D doesn't have Bliuetooth and don't work with Mobile 2

Only WiFi and Mobile 1
Sharpen your eyes not your files

VicWahby

I'm connected!  Thanks so much for the help.
Vic