3FR files.

Previous topic - Next topic

JCM-Photos

In matter of editing workflow and different softwares used : "Less is more"
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Nicci

These days, after having tried several workflow variations, this is the one that works best for me:

1 Step
X2D (3FR) ---to--- Phocus (FFF) / Basic Adjustments, such as white/black Point; curves; colour (sometimes); Reproduction / I don't touch the clarity or details sliders
2 Step
Phocus (FFF) ---to--- Lightroom Classic (HB L*RGB (source) 16-Bit TIFF) / used as DAM or occasionaly for further processing where Photoshop is not needed
3 Step
Lightroom Classic (TIFF) ---to--- Photoshop CC (using "edit in Photohop" within LR / PS will used embedded HB L*RGB) / process as required - luminousity masking, black and white conversion; croping; denoise (Topaz); sharpen (Topaz); etc; - within PS is use tools like topaz or Silver Efex (and others)
3.1 Step (if printing)
Add watermark, proof for printing; etc. / Save copy of image (TIFF) in dedicated printing folder (using dedicated file name for the paper I am going to use ---to--- ImagePrint (or any other printing software you use)
4 Step
Move (FFF) files to NAS for storage (using dedicated folder structure / Backup is automated via iDrive

I believe this gives me optimal quality, with the least amount of effort