X2D and RRS L bracket

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: mjhillsc on December 04, 2022, 12:23:18 PM
The X1D II RRS bracket(s) don't fit as the X2D is a slightly different shape.  Trying to fit them will likely scratch the bottom of the X2D.  I'm using a Peak Design generic camera plate until RRS comes out with a X2D plate.

I have used the X1D II RRS L bracket from day one of ownership AND it works with NO scratches -- the ONLY pain is the fact one cannot remove the battery while the L-plate is attached.  Please don't just make stuff up.

chefphoto

Hello everyone,
my choice fell on the L-Bracket Dual Base 802308 from ARCA SWISS. Access to the battery without problem and quick dismantling of the L-Bracket with the second clip under the camera. Precision and solidity. For me the best.

jcheld

In the photos, it looks like you have somehow adapted peak design straps to the Hasselblad connection piece for the manufacturer's supplied strap. Can you provide details.  I thought I was going to have to use the Hasselblad strap, but your photo gave me encouragement that there is a work around. Thank you!

mar-ko

Quote from: jcheld on December 06, 2022, 07:28:32 AM
In the photos, it looks like you have somehow adapted peak design straps to the Hasselblad connection piece for the manufacturer's supplied strap. Can you provide details.  I thought I was going to have to use the Hasselblad strap, but your photo gave me encouragement that there is a work around. Thank you!

jcheld, you may want to check this thread:
http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=8207.msg42270#msg42270

TC Furlong

Should I assume that the Peipro X2D plate on eBay for $139 is junk? 

glaiben

TC, I'll let you know when mine arrives. Due around 12/18 from China.

...gregg

FoleyAMG

I bought the I bought the Arca-Swiss Classic 802306 L-bracket from BH and it arrived today...fits great and battery still exits the camera without issue...will use until an RRS solution I suspect.

sog1927

I haven't ordered an x2d yet - I'm still shooting the original x1d with an RR bracket. I'm considering getting a Three-Legged Thing Ellie PD for Peak Design Capture Clip compatibility. Has anyone used these with an X-series camera?

mar-ko

If you only use the base plate of an Arca-Swiss Classic 802306 L-bracket, doesn't the silver lever stand out a disturbingly bit too far to the left? (I would often times not carry the "L-element".)

MGrayson

Quote from: mar-ko on December 11, 2022, 01:30:10 PM
If you only use the base plate of an Arca-Swiss Classic 802306 L-bracket, doesn't the silver lever stand out a disturbingly bit too far to the left? (I would often times not carry the "L-element".)
It doesn't bother me.

mikaelo67

RRS Modular L plate preorders are open.

https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/BX2D

$115 for base plate
$255 for modular set

FoleyAMG

Michael H. Cothran

RRS has finally introduced a custom L bracket for the X2D @ $255 US. Like all their stuff, I'm sure it's great, but for many, including myself, it's a day late and twice as expensive.
I ended up purchasing the Peipro L bracket from China for $120 a couple of months ago. Its fit & finish are as nice as the RRS or Kirk brackets, allowing complete functioning on the camera. It has an adjustable side bar which can be tightened with either a thumb screw or Allen wrench. I find the latter to be more secure.
My X1D has the RRS bracket, and now my X2D has the Peipro bracket. Vast difference in price, but virtually no difference in fit & finish.
FYI - The RRS allows storing an Allen Wrench underneath. The Peipro does not.

doc steel

Quote from: chefphoto on December 05, 2022, 03:26:57 AM
Hello everyone,
my choice fell on the L-Bracket Dual Base 802308 from ARCA SWISS. Access to the battery without problem and quick dismantling of the L-Bracket with the second clip under the camera. Precision and solidity. For me the best.
Same here!

mjhillsc

For those who want both a horizontal bracket and a vertical insert I would suggest taking a look at the PEIPRO solution.  I was skeptical for inappropriate reasons.  But, someone else reviewed it as a good solution on this forum.  It is a credible copy of how RRS does things.  It fits the X2D exactly as you would expect/want.  It doesn't quite "feel" like a RRS product.  It just isn't that refined or something.  I can't put my finger on it.

I have heard from RRS that they are going to make a bracket and that it is coming, probably soon.  And, when it does, I may buy it just because I love their stuff.

But, the PEIPRO is 100% functional and I would recommend it to anyone wanting horizontal and vertical Arca-Swiss mounting for the X2D.  The vertical is removable without a Allen wrench which is also very convenient.

I bought mine directly from AliExpress, but I believe there is also a way to buy it on Ebay (same price).  The shipping was pretty fast.  I think I had it in about a week.