Arca plate for Hasselblad tripod mount ring (75mm)

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanRL

Has anyone found an arca plate whereby both a 1/4 and a 3/8 screw can be engaged at the same time with this tripod mount ring?

I have a plate attached with just a 3/8, but it twists with heavy lenses. Plate even has a sidebar, but it's not good enough for a 3+ lbs lens.

TIA,
Sean

JCM-Photos

If the plate slips on the ring foot it's a problem of metallic surfaces finish.

I had the problem with a plate with a pure metal face on the chrome base of the 907X,
I solved the problem by putting between them a piece of very thin cardboard cutted to the size of the plate, it is very efficient.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

SeanRL

Thanks for the suggestion. The plate I'm using has grip - a rubber material.

DJPixelMan

I have an H6..but I had a similar problem on my Manfrotto plate. Kept slipping up or down when attached to the camera, there was no rubber or whatever padding/cushion on the Manfrotto baseplate between the baseplate grooves. I put a couple of layers of electrical insulating tape onto the Manfrotto baseplate, and this fixed the problem nicely.

ashdown

I got the 3 Legged Thing QR7 Plate as it is a good fit for the tripod ring, has a rubber grip and is Hasselblad orange (more or less). I was intending to drill it to replace the Hasselblad plate but then realised I'd have no screw thread if I ever needed one, so I just screwed it in. I haven't had any problems with it slipping but if you only ever use Arca clamps then you could drill it to fit as I originally intended.