SD card

Previous topic - Next topic

tenmangu81

Hi all,
I am using SDXC II cards Sony M 64 GB (Read 277 MB/s; W 150 MB/s) which worked quite well until recently, when I got an error message 10 "Failed to access storage. Please restart camera". Did anybody encounter this type of behaviour  ? Which type/brand of SDXC card do you use ?
Thanks.
Robert

Photon42

The only thing I have heard is that the Sony "Tough" cards have shown incompatibilities with some cameras. Did you try SanDisk cards? I have two 300MB/s cards from SanDisk in the X1D2 since day 1 and zero issues.
One more thing: Format the cards with an SD Format Application on your PC/Mac and then try again.

tenmangu81

Thanks iklo and Photon42. I have formatted a week ago my Sony cards with SD Formatter, and then in the X1D, and it seems to work well up to now. Wait and see. If it fails, I will switch to SanDisk.
Robert

Patarei

Quote from: tenmangu81 on August 05, 2022, 08:09:34 PM
Thanks iklo and Photon42. I have formatted a week ago my Sony cards with SD Formatter, and then in the X1D, and it seems to work well up to now. Wait and see. If it fails, I will switch to SanDisk.

I had some big problems with Sony SD cards, especially when i tried to transfer the pictures to my computer.

I also read some articles about faulty sd-cards from Sony.

When i switched to Sandisc, my problems were gone.

tenmangu81

Thanks ! Yes, I know that some SD Sony cards batches are affected by some issues, but my ones don't belong to those. Anyway, I'll follow your advice if I have some problems again.
Robert

JCM-Photos

I had a similar problem a month ago.
The camera began to save on the second card, the first 75% empty was blocked and it was not possible to format it.
The problem was the write protect lock of my SD card that with time became loose and each time I pushed the card in the slot the lock moved and got in locked position.

I solved the problem by blocking the lock open with a tiny drop of superglue. (I never have to wrtite protect my card)
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Photon42

There is almost nothing a proper tape cannot fix  8)

thierry

sorry for my poor English:
X1DII .. October 2023 , Firmware v1.5.2
I ve got same issue :  error message 10 "Failed to access storage. Please restart camera"
2 card ... one Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II ( in list for X1DII ) and Tough Sony - more faster in write .
I switched the two cards ... I put them in backup ... still the same problem ... I noticed that the images were still present on the card as I could see with Phocus ... is it just a reading problem?. Maybe you should deactivate viewing just after shooting ... I haven't tested it - because that's when the problem occurs. I'll try SDformatter - Before the card was formatted in ExFat (formatted by the X1DII) and with SD Formatter in FAT32 ... To be continued

tenmangu81

One thing I have noticed is that when the card in slot 1 is full, the camera doesn't switch automatically to the card in slot 2, and I get the error message. I am now carefully looking at the filling level of my main card (slot 1).
Robert

thierry

Always same error after many test shot :-(