Unhappy Siblings...

Previous topic - Next topic

Burgertron

It first started on day 3 of a 4 day shoot on the beach(in horrible weather) with the odd comm error...now they hardly want to talk at all..??  :'( :'( :'(
I tried Dr Phil but he was bl**dy useless....my MBP and my H1/Leaf Aptus75 just cant get along... :'( :'(
I have...
cleaned the firewire cable ends
cleaned the lens/body contacts
I can hardly connect at all with my new fw cable but the old mangled one connects..shoots a few frames then disconnects and then I get comm error or lens error
Any ideas/suggestions
Think I'll have to see Colin in Pyrmont
MK

NickT

O.k sounds like we need to troubleshoot.. First off this being the Hasselblad forum I cannot really help with the Aptus.. You'll want Yair Shahir for that (might want to post over at Luminous Landscape).
How is the system UN-thetehred? Rock solid? Then ignore the lens errors, you have a connection issue.
Tried with a different laptop? If it works fine then you are down to cables (doesn't sound like it) or (more likely) the FW port on the back itself..
HTH
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

Try Rick Adshead at Leaf USA. He is the most helpful and knowledgeable guy at Leaf. Email to Leaf USA and he probably is the one that will get back to you. It sounds like a back problem to me.

Burgertron

Thanks Guys
Tried shooting to card...seems fine....did continue to get a lens error(27:1??)...
Firewire400 port on laptop works fine
which leaves the fw port on the back or something inside  :'( ...or the cable...or both