Brand new 907x problem: freezes and never wakes up

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaifo

Hi everyone!
I'm Jaime, architect from Barcelona.
I just  became a member of your community; sold my digital M-D and Sigma fp and went for a beutiful 907x+45p combo.  What a nice set!
Unfortunately it seems I have a defective unit.
When the display goes off (after any time you have set on the menu) to save battery, the light on the bottom left goes res (signal of error) and camera never wakes up again. Only option is to switch it off and on again. This is a very annoying and non functional for, for example street photography. I can set the timer to longer sleep time and then use it for candids etc... for for walking, ca,era is always with disply on and gets warm and drains fast.

Two things I found:
Camera is not dead when goes into that error. If you take the lens off and on, it'moves' and sound as usual.
Tried different lenses, used newest firmware for both camera and lens... even used the CFD50 on a v501. Same error.
But, if you have the camera plugged to electricity with the usb-c... error does not occur.

Any idea o similar case? Seems to methat I will have to depart with the camera.
Also, this happened since minute one... any option Hasselblad (through my retailer) could just change the unit? Its out of the box so it came with this malfunction already.

Thank you for your help!

Some of my 'work'
Www.instagram.com/syrjames

marcwick

Congrats to this wonderful combo! But sad to hear that it does not work properly! Don't waste your time and go to your Hasselblad dealer. For sure they will help you to solve the problem.

Jaifo

Hasselblad has a policy of exchange during the first 30 days. So I got a new one that works amazingly! :)

Quanle

Hi Jaifo,
I'm experiencing the same issue with my X1D II as you did. How did you manage to resolve this error? Thanks a lot!