Rumors of new lenses?

Previous topic - Next topic

outside_late

I was just looking at how long it has been since any lenses were announced, the 45P was announced in January 2020, before that the 65, 80 and 135 were shipping in December of 2018.

As someone mentioned in a previous post, it would be nice to have something between the 30 and 45.  It would also be nice to have a 210 or 300 longer focal length like the H series has.  I would also really like something between the 21 and 30, 30 is not quite wide enough, but 21 is maybe too wide for some occasions...

What would all of you like to see in the future?

SrMi

I would like to have a shift lens.

brian

Yes I agree - a shift lens would make the series complete.

ashdown

A tilt/shift adapter like the HTS but for the X system would be even better.

brian

Surely that cannot be too complicated for Hasselblad - a HTS 1,5 adapter + 21mm lens = 30mm tilt shift.

SrMi

Quote from: brian on December 24, 2021, 10:42:42 AM
Surely that cannot be too complicated for Hasselblad - a HTS 1,5 adapter + 21mm lens = 30mm tilt shift.
You can use only H-mount lenses on HTS 1.5. There is no 21mm for H-mount, but 24 would work. However, it is a cumbersome solution (I have all the components, including the 24mm lens).

SrMi

There is also a Fotodiox TLT ROKR adapter for V-mount, Mamiya, etc, lenses.

Usm

But there is no wide shift lens, just the Rodenstock and Schneider lenses with all their problems.

JCM-Photos

Rodenstock and Schneider lenses with problems ?

Phase One and Hasselblad have in their raw software special tools tools that correct the special features of these special lenses !

One has just to learn to use them.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

FirstLights

Quote from: brian on December 17, 2021, 10:36:11 PM
Yes I agree - a shift lens would make the series complete.

You can try this with the suitable adapter, they are fairly cheap and abundant on Ebay ....
MAMIYA SEKOR Shift C 50mm F/4 Lens for 645
FirstLights
Visit me at www.500px.com/firstlights

Usm

Quote from: JCM-Photos on December 28, 2021, 07:24:08 AM
Rodenstock and Schneider lenses with problems ?

Phase One and Hasselblad have in their raw software special tools tools that correct the special features of these special lenses !

One has just to learn to use them.

It's not about to use them. They are great, not all of them, but it is obvious that a native XCD lens is easier to use.
For example, for the distortion of the wide Rodenstock HR lenses, there's no correction in Phocus when using them with the CFVii50c. Or some wide Schneider lenses have really hard to correct color cast.
Btw, capture one does a better job for that, but again, no direct support for Hasselblad.

So again, yes "Rodenstock and Schneider lenses with problems"   

SeanRL

If available, try out the Canon TS-E 24ii tilt shift for a wide. It has so little distortion (on full frame anyway) that there aren't lens corrections available for it.

Also, reportedly low CA and color cast issues compared to some "R" and "S" lenses when using backs.

S

JCM-Photos

medium/large format shift lenses have optically nothin in common with full frame shift lenses.

Large format ultra wides have a near symetrical design that gives quite no geometrical distorsion.
They have strong vignetting and color shift toward the edges of the optical circle.
Vignetting is corrected by special center filters
color shift is corrected by Capture One and Phocus special tools based on analysis of an additional grey shot with same movements, aperture and focus as the final frame.(corrects also in some respect vignetting and sensor dust spots)

Another solution is to use some of the rare MF shift lenses from the film era that are just bigger FF lenses with no symetrical optical built. But these lenses have rather longer focal lengths such as the great Mamiya 50mm shift a use also on my X1D, 907X.
Sharpen your eyes not your files