° Sensor too hot, more recent battery show 0%, ...

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitric

Hello -

When I pulled out my camera from the bag I hit it against the side of the table (quite harshly).
Since then my 2 newer official batteries (with the grey netting) is showing at 0% when I'm sure it is at 100% (and camera works). The original one that came with the camera with the red netting shows the right %.

I also had an alert message saying that "the sensor is too hot, turn off the camera" (may be it has nothing to do with it since it's quite hot here (somethng like 35 degrees).

Not only that but it seems that the Z axis is no longer straight. (eg. the left side of the camera is more towards the front than the right side; like doing a "pan camera")
Would it help to recalibrate the spirit level or would this be because the sensor within my camera has moved?

Thank you for any feedback  :)

- Dimitri

tenmangu81

I would be very surprised the sensor has moved ! Today, I also got the message that the sensor is too hot. When you put your camera in the bag while it is still ON, the motions when you walk maintain the camera ON, and this could lead to an overheating of the sensor. The only way to cool it down is to handle the camera for a while, until it goes OFF.
It happened only once to me, after a 3 months use.
Robert

pss

I have to be careful when I shoot around noon on a hot day and the temperature is high (around 100) the camera will overheat.
I think in your case there are other things going on, too much off.