Lightroom 3 beta & iso800+

Previous topic - Next topic

horseoncoboy

i never liked the adobe rendering and i still don't like the LR interface but the file the new raw engine in LR3 renders surpasses phocus in almost every aspect at high iso. the noise is very fine - film like, i see less artifacts, better shadow detail and smoother shadow gradation and it appears a little sharper too. the only problem is color but a dng profile solved this issue for me.  so if you shoot at high iso i very much recommend to give it a try.

Fotograf

thank you for this hint.

Will LR 3.0 include DAC, lens correction, etc. ?

Michael

horseoncoboy

phocus only applies chromatic aberration correction to dng but this is availabe in LR anyway. with this development i either hope we see full dac correcton of dng files saved from phocus or native support of .fff in lightroom.

alexkent

did you role your own DNG Profile or was it an adobe canned one ?

if it's your own, would you care to share it ?

thanks!

Alex Kent

horseoncoboy

made my own profile with colorchecker passport and dng profile editor software, works really but you need to have the same camera  h3d31-2  do you ?  if yes tell me what lighting ( strobe or tungsten ) and iso you prefer.

alexkent

ah ok.
i don't have that exact camera.

i was just wondering because part of the promise of the 'DNG Profile Editor' was that one would be able (via a dng profile) to manipulate to colour output from ACR/LR to make it the same from Phocus. i haven't gotten around to working through that idea yet, and was just wondering if someone else had tried.

i have a xrite colourchecker chart so i'll try making one with that.

horseoncoboy

you should also download the colorchecker passport software from the x - rite site it is free.    this is also very interesting http://dcptool.sourceforge.net/Hue%20Twists.html

KristofferSkj

Sorry, a little off topic:

horseoncowboy, have you had problems opening 3FR files in photoshop directly from LR? (image file-edit in-photoshop)
For some reason, my 3FR files agrees to open when they feel like it.
I convert to dng's everytime now because of that...

horseoncoboy

Quote from: KristofferSkj on December 08, 2009, 11:53:43 AM
Sorry, a little off topic:

horseoncowboy, have you had problems opening 3FR files in photoshop directly from LR? (image file-edit in-photoshop)
For some reason, my 3FR files agrees to open when they feel like it.
I convert to dng's everytime now because of that...

sorry,  i shoot 100% tethered so i only have dng experience.