907x CFV II 50C says "no lens detected" with adapted lens.

Previous topic - Next topic

Leasure

Hi,

I am new to Hasselblad and just received my new camera. I just can't seem to find what I am looking for, hopefully someone here can help me with this issue.

Here is what I did:

I set the back into "electronic shutter" mode (without the body attached). Then I attached the 907x body to the back and a Fotodiox EOS to HB(XCD) manual adapter with lens to the 907x body. There are no electronic connections between the lens and the back. Now, in theory I should be able to use live view and be able to take photos, but neither live view nor taking a picture is possible. When I release the shutter, I get "no lens detected" error. What are the settings that I need to enable to be able to use adapted lenses on this camera?

Cheers

JCM-Photos

I would try it again with the back already mounted on the 907X, and before verifying that the back is in 907X modus and not in V camera, or view camera modus.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Leasure

I solved the issue. Once the back and the lens are mounted, I had to enable "electronic shutter" in the "exposure" menu and not in the "body" menu that is shown when the 907x is detached from the digital back. With that everything works now as expected :)

JCM-Photos

Yes you have to choose E-shutter in 907X modus and not E-shutter camera type in the back modus
Sharpen your eyes not your files