H2F Capabilities CF back

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

In several places I have been told the CF back can (eventually) be used on a H2F without sync cord, DAC I+II would be available which meant the use of the HC28 as well. This would happen via a firmware update most of us believed.

Now, I only have one body (H2) which does make me feel a bit uncomfortable even though I have not had one single problem with it (knock on wood) besides the occassional firmware screw-up. I would like to get a backup but sofar I am holding of in anticipation of the H2F capabilities of the CF back. The H2F has a list price that is just slightly above what H1's are now going for second hand and these need an upgrade to H2F as well. I think I am better of getting the H2F when it can be used with the CF.

I also find I use the 35mm quite a lot, having held the 28 of a friend I am really lusting after this lens. It is smaller, lighter than the 35 and wider!

Now the 64K question. Anyone any idea when the CF back can be used together with the H2F (without the sync cable, with the 28)?

NickT

Quote from: Dustbak on May 28, 2008, 06:42:10 PM

Now the 64K question. Anyone any idea when the CF back can be used together with the H2F (without the sync cable, with the 28)?

Yes this is my understanding.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

The question was when ? ;)

I just noticed in the spec sheet of the H2F it is already mentioned however not on the website yet. I guess it means it is already there or really soon!

fotografz

Quote from: Dustbak on May 28, 2008, 06:42:10 PM
In several places I have been told the CF back can (eventually) be used on a H2F without sync cord, DAC I+II would be available which meant the use of the HC28 as well. This would happen via a firmware update most of us believed.

Now, I only have one body (H2) which does make me feel a bit uncomfortable even though I have not had one single problem with it (knock on wood) besides the occassional firmware screw-up. I would like to get a backup but sofar I am holding of in anticipation of the H2F capabilities of the CF back. The H2F has a list price that is just slightly above what H1's are now going for second hand and these need an upgrade to H2F as well. I think I am better of getting the H2F when it can be used with the CF.

I also find I use the 35mm quite a lot, having held the 28 of a friend I am really lusting after this lens. It is smaller, lighter than the 35 and wider!

I spec'ed out a H2F with a new CF/22 back. Yes it does work ... and it's a nicely featured film camera as well.  I think the 28 can be used, but not sure about the DAC being applied. You still have to use the grip battery AND a clip-on battery on the CF back ... so it is NOT like a CFH kit. However, the CF/22 can be used on other cameras via the Hasselblad iAdaper selections. I wish Hasselblad offered the CF backs in Black or Grey so it didn't look so goofy on other cameras like a focal plane Contax 645 or Mamiya AFD-III or the Hasselblad 500 series cameras.