Phocus on M1 MacBook Air - not connecting to camera

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejmcfarlane

Hi, anyone else run Phocus successfully on any of the new M1 Macs? On my M1 MacBook Air, Phocus will start ok, but if I connect a camera over usb c, then Phocus will not see the camera.
I've checked the connection and cable to my iPad Pro with Phocus mobile, tried both usb c ports, etc and all runs as expected.
Any suggestions pls?

sonius

Hi a message from the Netherlands,
I am using an hd4 60 mp with an old mac and sometimes when there is not enough memory in phocus captures the camera wont start up.
I dont know by the new bodies if your running on firewire? with an adapter? Or direct usb 3??
Did you already develop hasselblad files and is it faster with the new mac??
Regards Wim Sonius Hasselblad user since 1972  :)

mikejmcfarlane

Hi, the new Macs only have usb 4/thunderbolt ports, and that is what I tried. I can download images from a SD card reader, so using that now.
Re speed. Developing RAW files is very fast, browsing a directory of RAW files has a slight lag. I don't another machine setup to compare it to, but it is more than fast enough for my needs.

sonius

Yes i have the macbook po13 inch with 16 and 1 gig and phocus works last version works flawlessly...
When your computer arrives it has 2020 version of mac just do the latest update takes almost one hour ...
there after your phocus works perfect.
My files from the d4 60 mp were exported in LESS THEN 2 SECONDS.............................................
Also the tethering with 2 dogle cables is normal .
So i am very happy with my M1
For questions just mail me
Regards Wim

michaelfoto

Just to be perfectly shure. You are tethering the H4d firewire camera via 2 adapters, 1 thunderbolt 3 to 2 followed by the old thunderbolt to firewire 800, succesfully.
This is the statement some of us has been waiting for.
Michael.

pss

mikejmcfarlane

It's a mystery. Tried again today and all works as expected. I wonder if when I tried it before the camera was set to iOS tethering, not Mac/PC. Thanks for ideas.

pss

Quote from: mikejmcfarlane on February 06, 2021, 05:03:43 AM
It's a mystery. Tried again today and all works as expected. I wonder if when I tried it before the camera was set to iOS tethering, not Mac/PC. Thanks for ideas.

that setting can be annoying....if you want to shoot tethered to iPad using Phocus mobile 2, you have to use iOS, but if you want to import files into LR mobile, you have to switch to MAC.....