H5C-60 ou X1D, with HC120 for repro paintings...

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Hello,
I am currently making reproductions of medium format paintings with my X1D and an HC120, and 2 profoto D2.
The sensor is excellent, but another idea comes up:
Would an H5D-60, with its larger CCD sensor, give better results?
I am very curious to know your opinions and experiences with this H ...
Thank you in advance and beautiful pictures to all,
Alain, from France

disposable@tx.rr.com

No direct experience in reproduction of paintings, but perhaps something to consider:

I suspect this is going to be tough.

Larger sensors can have certain advantages, different technologies can have certain advantages, newer stuff can have certain advantages over older stuff, but in this particular case I'm inclined to think it's one of those things you'd have to see for yourself. 

CCD still has a large user preference base, but if you're not looking for the same things they are looking for it might be an expensive experiment.

I would be extremely reluctant to go in this direction without the ability to "try before you buy" in some manner.

It might also be useful to define exactly what "better" means to you in your particular use case.  What would it take to make a different body "better" for your application?

NickT

From memory I think the HdD-60 sensor was a CMOS not CCD. My suggestion would be to stick with what you have.

I assume you are happy with the lighting and alignment of camera? (Zigalign)
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

JCM-Photos

According to Hasselblad spec sheets H5-60 has a CCD
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ALAIN

Hello,
Thank you very much for your experiences.
I just by a very old H5D-60 with HC120 : that is perfect, the CCD is fantastic, the painters like it, better than the CMOS of X1D for colors, 3D effect...
Best regards