Phocus 2.0?

Previous topic - Next topic

sns7000

Just read about it but I can't find it.

Jacephoto

I am praying (real hard) that its PC friendly and doesnt need some dedicated graphics card and such...

s.agar

Quote from: Jacephoto on September 27, 2009, 12:14:11 AM
I am praying (real hard) that its PC friendly and doesnt need some dedicated graphics card and such...

+1 (graphic cards)

H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

stewhem

I'm STILL really hoping for a full res image to appear in viewer when I'm choosing selects/rejects. Is it too much to ask? Otherwise, I think the results from Phocus are significantly better than any other software that can handle H files.

eauliv

I've had a Phocus 2.0 preview  at the Salon de la photo in Paris and it's great !

arminw

I wonder if they sorted out Live View for the H3D II 50 as well ? Sorry for going on about it guys it's been promised and never delivered ... anyhow , perhaps Phocus V2 makes up for all the frustration .
;D ;D
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Jacephoto

alexkent

phocus 2.0 is in private beta at the moment.

i think the technical requirements are much the same as phocus 1 (can't promise that)

dbernaerdt

For anyone who has seen a preview of Phocus 2.0 and is not under NDA, has the soft/unsharp preview at <25% view been fixed? This topic came up about a year ago and is still a lingering issue for me.

Thanks,
Darren Bernaerdt

NickT

Darren
I thought this was fixed prior to 2.0.. What version are you on?
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

This is no longer an issue. Previews, detail & zooming is not only sharp but also pretty fast. The way it is now I feel I can finally say goodbye to Flexcolor, even for intens multishot sessions. It was actually resolved before 2.0, for single shots anyway.

KeithL

This was resolved for me with the introduction of Phocus 1.2.1

Preview is now super sharp.

Keith

David Grover

Quote from: dbernaerdt on October 27, 2009, 07:07:15 AM
For anyone who has seen a preview of Phocus 2.0 and is not under NDA, has the soft/unsharp preview at <25% view been fixed? This topic came up about a year ago and is still a lingering issue for me.

Thanks,
Darren Bernaerdt

Darren,

Check in your preferences what 'Preview Size' is set too.  I would guess it is set to small.  Change it to large and all subsequent captures or imports will be vastly improved.

David

dbernaerdt

Yes, I thought is was fixed awhile ago too.

I'm using Phocus 1.2.1 (Mac) and the embedded previews setting is on "Large". Is it worth posting a screen shot? I have an image on-screen right now that is at 16%. It looks pretty poor in comparison to zooming to 25%.