wow

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmphoto

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on September 28, 2009, 03:34:19 AM
Quote from: NickT on September 28, 2009, 03:22:17 AM
Derek I hear you.
As far as I can tell Hasselblad decided to lead with this feature (which has a great deal of future potential) because they are so excited about it, there are actually a bunch of other cool features and I think we will start to hear about them in the near future.
Nick-T

I think Hasselblad's current product quality is so high it makes it difficult to convince existing customers to upgrade; it's a tribute to them but it also makes revenue more difficult. I love my H3DII39s.

Kind regards,
Derek

Derek,

Well said. Couldn't agree more with your posts.

Richard

Jacephoto

I wonder why didnt they include other features in? Things like vertical grip for instance... The H4D is still stictly based on the H3D, H2D, H1D... I reckon that Hasselblad has a hard time switching or improving its platform. I hope i am wrong... Leica S2 seems to be a strong competitor....

Alex Maxim

You are lucky it was a dream.
I recently had a shoot on a lake shore and at some point water splashed a little on my camera. I disconnected the battery right away and let it dry for an hour. Then I connected the battery back and oops.... the camera won't start. That's when I got scared. But allowed it to dry for one more hour without the battery. Then I tried to start it again and got some buzzing noise when pressed the red button.
Started thinking about how long and how much it may take to repair it. Ok, detached the lens, the sensor, the viewfinder and the battery and let it dry for a couple more hours.
Imagine my relief when I got back, put it all together and it started working like it never happened.
Now I put a rain sleeve on if there is even a slightest chance of moisture flying around :)

I love the fact that it's a modular system and is very easy to access and clean but yeah... Weather sealing would be very welcome. Or a clear flexible plastic cover shaped exactly like the camera like a silicone skin or something.

Jacephoto

Quote from: Oleksiy on September 30, 2009, 07:21:16 AM
You are lucky it was a dream.
I recently had a shoot on a lake shore and at some point water splashed a little on my camera. I disconnected the battery right away and let it dry for an hour. Then I connected the battery back and oops.... the camera won't start. That's when I got scared. But allowed it to dry for one more hour without the battery. Then I tried to start it again and got some buzzing noise when pressed the red button.
Started thinking about how long and how much it may take to repair it. Ok, detached the lens, the sensor, the viewfinder and the battery and let it dry for a couple more hours.
Imagine my relief when I got back, put it all together and it started working like it never happened.
Now I put a rain sleeve on if there is even a slightest chance of moisture flying around :)

I love the fact that it's a modular system and is very easy to access and clean but yeah... Weather sealing would be very welcome. Or a clear flexible plastic cover shaped exactly like the camera like a silicone skin or something.

oh, you just taught me an important lesson. I never weather proof at all and i shld do so soon.

Alex Maxim

There is also a control wheel on top which seems to be hard to water proof. Derek can you give the link to the Kata you use?

Alex Maxim

Thanks 702 looks good.

Jacephoto

Thanks for the link on the rain cover... I am thinking... if it requires rain cover... its time to stop shooting? haha...

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on October 01, 2009, 03:02:02 PM

Some great shots occur in the rain.

Kind regards,
Derek

agreed

Jacephoto

I dont deny that... but its may be a costly move? haha...  :D

Speiermann

Hi Guys

More info on the new H4D-II 60.

http://www.hasselblad.com/downloads/datasheets.aspx

Looks good!

Frederik

s.agar

Nice to learn that my HCD 35-90 and 28mm  lenses can be used even if with a small crop.
H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

Jacephoto

Quote from: Speiermann on October 03, 2009, 01:34:07 AM

Hi Guys

More info on the new H4D-II 60.

http://www.hasselblad.com/downloads/datasheets.aspx

Looks good!

Frederik

Its assuring at times to know that there is a route map. On the other hand, you kind of worry that it becomes like a Canon or Nikon where things happen so fast that its not worth it to buy things first hand...