wow

Previous topic - Next topic

Fotograf

Sounds great! I have the ugrade-guarantee from the H3DII-50 to 60 mpx. Does that mean they will upgrade it to the H3DII-60 or the H4D-60? Will there be a H3D-II60 version?

maretzo

Thanks for the link. More information to be found in the Victor Online 10.2009

I still have to remain happy with my H2-22.. :'(

s.agar

Why wouldn't Hasselblad mention about these products in their own website?
We watched the M9/S2 lounch live from NY.

Different ways of doing business I guess..
H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

Alex Maxim

I wonder if AF is the only improvement...

Jacephoto

DenisM

Great for those who need all those pixels in single shot mode.

But, for those who shoot multi-shot all the time, it's not that big a deal.

The glass is being left behind in all this pixel chasing madness. I for one would like an 80mm lens on a par with anything on the market.
When was the last time Hasselblad announced an *improved* replacement for any of the lenses in their lineup? Well?

I rotate between multi-shot Hassie and my Canon 1Ds Mk3. Multi-shot is a quantum leap above everything else. But, single shot is not. If my Hasselblad lenses were all on a par with my Canon 90mm T/S, I'd be a very happy camper. They're not. Far from it.

Sorry for straying off topic, but you shouldn't have to upgrade camera back to get more resolution. A little time spent on improving the glass would be very welcome.

In addition to locking people into using their processing software (yes, I know that's changed somewhat), Hasselblad pretty much locks people into their lenses too.

Don't misunderstand me. Multi-shot is incredible, and is the reason I chose Hasselblad. But, it's their major selling point in my book. Without it, the inflexibility of the system would have driven me elsewhere.

Rant over.  ::)

D.

David Grover

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on September 26, 2009, 10:23:21 AM
Quote from: Oleksiy on September 26, 2009, 10:18:20 AM
I wonder if AF is the only improvement...

The AF feature is not really necessary for tripod shooting.

Here's a video posted by David on his favorite forum  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFkKMmF8X9A

Kind regards,
Derek

Harsh!  ;D

Not my favorite, but certainly the toughest!

David Grover

Quote from: DenisM on September 27, 2009, 12:14:04 AM
Great for those who need all those pixels in single shot mode.

But, for those who shoot multi-shot all the time, it's not that big a deal.

The glass is being left behind in all this pixel chasing madness. I for one would like an 80mm lens on a par with anything on the market.
When was the last time Hasselblad announced an *improved* replacement for any of the lenses in their lineup? Well?

I rotate between multi-shot Hassie and my Canon 1Ds Mk3. Multi-shot is a quantum leap above everything else. But, single shot is not. If my Hasselblad lenses were all on a par with my Canon 90mm T/S, I'd be a very happy camper. They're not. Far from it.

Sorry for straying off topic, but you shouldn't have to upgrade camera back to get more resolution. A little time spent on improving the glass would be very welcome.

In addition to locking people into using their processing software (yes, I know that's changed somewhat), Hasselblad pretty much locks people into their lenses too.

Don't misunderstand me. Multi-shot is incredible, and is the reason I chose Hasselblad. But, it's their major selling point in my book. Without it, the inflexibility of the system would have driven me elsewhere.

Rant over.  ::)

D.

Denis,

We spoke some time ago about your HC80 lens and I asked you to send me sample illustrating your problem but you did not send anything?

The HC80 far exceeds anything Zeiss offered and I am sure the HTS matches if not exceeds the Canon 90.

Yes we also released the 150N lens sometime ago as an improvement to the 150.

David

Jacephoto

after watching that youtube video for 3 times and trying to understand that strong accent, i finally realised what its all about... hoping to see it in real life..

s.agar

Quote from: David Grover on September 27, 2009, 12:29:54 AM

Denis,
...The HC80 far exceeds anything Zeiss offered ...
David

+1
H3DII, M8, Canon 5DII, NEX-3 
Camera collector, over 500 items.
http://seyhun.com/

horseoncoboy

it seems like a nice new feature but it will not solve the main problem when shooting people or portrait wide open - the suject movement. only a multipoint af systhem can handle this.

Dustbak

I don't think that is entirely true. Only a multi-point AF can do this when it is in continuous mode. Otherwise it will also fail to adjust for object movement. I also find the multipoint AF is often not exactly at the place where I want it making me recompose as well. Because of the larger DoF of a smaller sensor it doesn't hurt me so much but still it is another potential 'point of failure'.

I like the general idea of this new system it allows you to autofocus once and than pay attention to your composition and not having to worry about AF further or which AF point to use.

Now would a multi-point AF have been better?

When I think about that I would like to have on that is Nikon like and than even better spaced over my viewfinder area. I find the AF points on the D700 much too much concentrated in the center. When this would be possible it might be excellent.

Now the alternative of focussing once recomposing and getting the sharpness where I want it? I for one would seriously like that.

Ah well. I take every improvement I can get to be honest :)

NickT

First off just to let you know I shot with a camera enabled with the new gyro and it works as advertised, obviously you and the model need to be pretty static, but I often shoot this way. The difference in focus was very apparent so good news.

Derek I hear you.
As far as I can tell Hasselblad decided to lead with this feature (which has a great deal of future potential) because they are so excited about it, there are actually a bunch of other cool features and I think we will start to hear about them in the near future.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

Well... that is right.

same here but I can be tempted to upgrade at least one of my H2F/CF39's to a H4D60 with the right incentives. A good dealer that hasn't disappeared because of bankrupcy or dealing with Hasselblad directly would be one crucial part of that :)

I am wondering what else will be presented in the coming days.