FIRMWARE 1.3.0 FOR HASSELBLAD X1D II 50C is available

Previous topic - Next topic

disposable@tx.rr.com

I must admit I really don't understand what use they are intending with these files;
Despite making full size (rather than at 50% (X1Dmk1)) incamera JPEGS using HCNS, it seems a bit pointless exporting them at 15MB as sRGBs (compared to potentially AdobeRGB in the MkI) - The convenience of processing the files at such a quality is lost by exporting them in sRGB colour - the only situation (I can imagine) that one would welcome them in sRGB would be for web viewing and in such a case the last thing one would want would be a 15MB 50MP file that required further processing for such uses ???

Alex
[/quote]

Best wild speculation:
Somebody at Hasselblad reached the opinion that people needing instant OOC jpegs for social media or whatever probably wouldn't gravitate towards MF to begin with and thus there wasn't much reason to provide anything more than needed to say "yeah, we got those."

No idea whether that's correct or even a valid point of view, as I'm probably as ignorant of social media as anybody around, but it sounds plausible.

Jpegs are vital for somebody shooting sports for Getty or suchlike purposes in order to get the required "immediacy", but those guys are going to be using Nikon D6's or similar, so I'm not real clear on what Hasselblad shooters need jpeg to begin with.  Guess they might be out there, but I can't imagine what they are.  Antsy client looking over you shoulder perhaps?