Hasselblad H1 Firmware Support

Previous topic - Next topic

xylphz

I saw a used Hasselblad H1 + Phase One P30 in a store,
however I tried mounting my own HC 80mm on the H1 with the lens firmware of 17.0.0 which came together from the H3DII-31.
It doesn't work when I tried on the spot.

Picture attached is the camera's body current firmware details of the Hasselblad H1 for sale.

As I checked from Hasselblad's website the latest firmware for the H1/H2 is 9.5.2,
Will I able to use my H3DII digital back to update it's body firmware through Phocus?
Anybody has attempt this method before? Does it work?
Or either I'm planning to send over to my dealer in Singapore, do they still help provide firmware updating procedure for H1? Since it's such a old camera.

Was wondering if the firmware update manage to go through, can anybody verify that it will be able to support HC lens with firmware 17.0.0 and above?

I tried search around online, but no avail thus trying to post this to get some insights from the members here.

jerome_m

Quote from: xylphz on July 24, 2020, 11:19:12 PM
Will I able to use my H3DII digital back to update it's body firmware through Phocus?

I have tried and it will not work. You need a digital back of that era (Ixpress CFH back), which has its own battery. Normally a dealer should be able to offer that service.

I have done that firmware upgrade by borrowing a digital back, but I don't have a recent firmware lens to check, sorry.

xylphz

Quote from: jerome_m on July 25, 2020, 06:20:40 PM
Quote from: xylphz on July 24, 2020, 11:19:12 PM

I have tried and it will not work. You need a digital back of that era (Ixpress CFH back), which has its own battery. Normally a dealer should be able to offer that service.

I have done that firmware upgrade by borrowing a digital back, but I don't have a recent firmware lens to check, sorry.

Would you recommend if I were to get the Fujifilm GX645AF instead of the Hasselblad H1? Looked up online some users said it worked the same? I found one with the latest body firmware, was thinking of buying the Phase One P30, both purchase individually to pair up the system?

jerome_m

The GX645AF is identical to the H1, but the color (the H system was started as a collaboration between Hasselblad and Fuji). But I have no idea whether it will work with recent lenses firmware.

xylphz

Quote from: jerome_m on July 27, 2020, 05:48:31 PM
The GX645AF is identical to the H1, but the color (the H system was started as a collaboration between Hasselblad and Fuji). But I have no idea whether it will work with recent lenses firmware.

I see, will the GX645AF work with 3rd party digital backs besides the supplied HM 16-32 film back?
Any experiences as well?

xylphz

Update:
In case anybody needs this information, I've manage to purchase the Fuji GX645AF pairing with the Phase One P30 - which is flawless, following the latest 9.5.2 body firmware, I'm able to use to lens with 17.0.0 firmware on.

Thank you for the help.

jahn

I wonder if you could expand, I have H1 but ONLY with the film magazine and not a digital back. Do I need to buy one in order to upgrade my firmware?