R256 Firmware Update

Previous topic - Next topic

drjim6

Hi to all,

I recently updated my H3D-39 back to firmware version R256 because I wanted to use the new 1 minute exposure option. Apart from the fact that the back now beeps whenever it starts up, has completed storing an image and when it shuts down, I also noticed that it consumes significantly more power than it used to with older firmware versions. Is this something any other users can confirm? 
I have communicated my experience to Hasselblad, they suggested that I reset my batteries (which I did, without result) and that they hadn't heard about this from any other users. |So, anyone experiencing the same problem?

Regards,

Francois

NickT

Hello Francois
I've seen one Ixpress owner reporting decreased battery life (which I find hard to believe could be due to firmware) but no H3D users that I'm aware of, Ill keep an eye out for the issue.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

stephanbruehl

Quote from: drjim6 on August 29, 2009, 08:58:55 PM
Hi to all,

Apart from the fact that the back now beeps whenever it starts up, has completed storing an image and when it shuts down, ......

I also notice the beep effect. As far as I realized, it cannot be switched off in the menu, i.e. it beeps although all sounds are in position "OFF".

Regarding decrease of battery life I cannot tell anything. Didn't use the camera very often since I loaded R256.

Greetings,
Stephan.

drjim6

Stephan,

Hasselblad are aware of the beep issue. It cannot be switched off and I was asked to revert to 251 if I could do without long exposure times. I'm sure it will be eliminated in the next update.

ragrds,

François