Photoshop CS3 and Snow leopard

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

FYI There have been rumours that Snow leopard will not be compatible with Photoshop CS3  but John Nack seems to be reassuring CS3 users that it should be O.K:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/

August 26 post.

I'm hoping to get Snow leopard today so I'll install and test ASAP and report back.

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

O.K first testing shows no issues with CS3 and Photoshop. I was hoping for a speed increase from Photoshop but it's the same :(
Phocus however appears to be quicker. I've no concrete data to support this but I think images are drawing faster and Phocus seems faster all round.
The system itself seems to be snappier.

Normally I would install any new update on my admin machine first before risking my workstation and I recommend that others do the same, however my admin machine is a G5 and therefore doesn't support Snow Leopard and I just had to try the new system.
I cloned my boot drive before installing to be on the safe side and I suggest you do the same.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Phil G

Yup! I ran the speed test using CS3 and it took 26seconds this time not sure where the  extra 6sec came from

otherwise it appears to work ok

not had chance to test Phocus yet on Mac Pro Snow Leopard

but it works on an early 20" iMac not wizzy but works ok

(Update Sat 29th) Appears to work ok on my Mac Pro Quad core Xeon

Phil

Re my warning regarding some PCI-e card drivers at
http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,681.0.html
Photography is not just an end in its self but a powerful vehicle for Learning

Dustbak

I have somewhat of a speed bump.

Booting in 32bit kernel it took: 19seconds on the first attempt and 17seconds on later ones
Booting in 64bit kernel it gave the same numbers as in 32bit.

I gained 1 to 2 seconds compared to 10.5.

Snow Leopard does seem to give me a huge speed increase with Phocus :)